The company is looking for a talented part-time bookkeeper to work in our accounting department located in downtown Los Angeles.
Approximately 20 hours per week spread out over 2 to 5 days per week.
The individual we are looking for will take pride in their bookkeeping and accounting abilities, have great problem solving and critical thinking skills, exhibit strong attention to details, and have an ability to confidently engage and satisfy the needs of our accounting department and executives.
The company is a Los Angeles-based manufacturer and importer of decorative commercial and residential lighting fixtures.
• Enter accounts payable transactions into accounting system
• Review and verify accuracy of certain invoices
• Post financial transactions and journal entries to accounting system
• Assist with preparing bank deposits and A/P checks
• Calculate and file misc insurance, license and tax documents (does not include annual state and federal tax returns)
• Prepare ad-hoc financial and accounting analysis
• Maintain electronic filing system
Desired Skills and Experience
• Extremely reliable person who gets a sense of accomplishment from providing premier bookkeeping and accounting work
• Individual who possesses the ability to resourcefully solve problems
• Individual who is able to multi-task
• 5+ years of bookkeeping experience
• Working understanding of GAAP
• High school diploma or its equivalent. College-level accounting work preferred.
• Knowledge of Internet applications
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Typing speed: 35 wpm
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction