SPANISH TUTORS / SPANISH TEACHERS / SPANISH INSTRUCTORS NEEDED IN Seattle (Fremont, Ballard, Queen Anne, Capitol Hill, Downtown, South Lake Union, West Edge, First Hill, Chinatown, Northgate, Phinney Ridge, University Village, among surrounding neighborhoods)
We are looking for part-time bilingual Native Spanish tutors and/or Spanish teachers and/or Spanish instructors with the following characteristics:
- Native Spanish speakers with:
- experience tutoring/teaching Spanish in a language school, as a freelance (no certification needed), or in a formal institution in a Spanish-speaking country (college, high school, elementary school), or
- formal experience in teaching Spanish or other humanities on a one-on-one basis or in highly interactive settings, or
- studies in teaching and/or tutoring
- Highly educated bilingual individuals who demonstrate having a strong passion for teaching and for sharing their culture
- Open minded, energetic, enthusiastic, extroverted, talkative, and focused on customer satisfaction
- Fluent in Spanish & English
- Able to commit to working with us a minimum of 20 hours per week (ideally on weeknights - 5pm to 9pm - and weekends - 10am to 2pm) in order to get started.
This is a part-time job.
Although we need tutors to have a minimum availability of 20 hours per week, at times tutors may be working less or more hours per week so flexibility is a must.
- With desire to stay with the company at least 2 years.
We tend to prefer applicants with the potential to stay in the company for the long run.
- With currently valid work authorization that does not require sponsorship such us Green Card, Employment Authorization Document, or US Passport.
- Who can provide three professional references from current or former direct supervisors
- Willing to sign a confidentiality and non-competing agreement if receiving an offer.
- Conversational Spanish instruction for adults and teens, and/or…
- Industry-specific Spanish classes for organizations and/or individuals, and/or…
- Preparation for standardized Spanish tests
...in Seattle (Fremont, Ballard, Queen Anne, Capitol Hill, Downtown, South Lake Union, West Edge, First Hill, Chinatown, Northgate, Phinney Ridge, University Village, among surrounding neighborhoods) in:
- centric cafes (most commonly), and/or
- tutor's homes, and/or
- students homes or offices (commuting time is remunerated), and/or
- organizations' sites (commuted time is remunerated)
- Competitive hourly salary
- Convenience of direct deposit into your bank account twice a month
- The option to choose from convenient schedules.
We will schedule your tutoring sessions at times and places that are mutually convenient and productive for you and our clients while meeting the preset goals.
Students will expect to meet with you at the same times and days each week.
- The opportunity to work up to your preferred maximum number of hours per week based on demand and company needs.
- An Online Tutor Center that will help you manage the logistics of dealing with your current and prospective students so that you can focus on your teaching.
- We will act as your back office providing you with direct support and training when needed
- The opportunity to participate in defining the direction of our institute.
- The opportunity to join a very dynamic team of professional people and the opportunity to meet very cool people: our customers.
Under federal laws, you also will be required to verify your eligibility to work in the United States. You will also be required to sign a confidentiality and non-competing agreement.