The company seeks the best and brightest candidates to join our team of auction and appraisal professionals. Our employees are highly motivated and talented specialists with varied areas of expertise and a flexible, hands-on approach when working with clients.
We are seeking an Auction Coordinator to become an integral part of our team!
You will be responsible for merchandise and service in an auction setting in order to improve efficiencies and provide an excellent customer experience.
- Gallery set-up for previews, auctions, and events
- Hiring, managing and scheduling part-time auction assistant staff
- Organizing onsite inventory & storage
- Coordinating the transfer of property while ensuring that it is handled, received and transferred correctly
- Facilitate client and independent shipper pick-up of property in Boston
- Assist with telephone and front desk coverage as needed
- Weekend and evening hours necessary
- Previous management, gallery or auction house experience are preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You must be able to lift and carry objects that weigh in excess of 60 lbs on a regular basis and be comfortable handling/installing a wide variety of antique furniture, paintings, and other art objects