Medical Office Assistant / Secretary (Part-time, Bilingual)
- Rate$16-18 per hour
Ottawa, ON Canada
Gatineau, QC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Health Medical/dental secretary, Medical Assistant
- Duration Part time M-F. 2-4 hrs/day ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Other 2018-06-18 Workhoppers Home Ottawa ONGatineau QC
- Ideal job for a busy parent. Currently seeking a bilingual (French and English) Medical Office Assistant to join our innovative and busy medical practice.
This is a paperless office and EMR/IT experience is highly recommended.
General duties include :
- Registering and greeting patients
- Coordinating and organizing appointments (booked over the phone) as well as patients flow to facilitate the smooth running of the
healthcare environment and support delivery of quality patient care
- Answering, triaging and returning phone calls
- Assisting Doctors in patients care by prepping patients (vitals,...) and getting rooms ready for examination
- Following up on laboratory/radiology tests when applicable
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling office projects when applicable
- Maintaining office supplies inventory and equipment by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying
- Filing documents on EMR and maintaining patients records
- Recording meeting discussions when applicable
Job type: part-time
2-4 hours per weekday, M-F.
- Diploma certificate/training in medical office administration OR
prior work experience as a medical secretary: at least 1 year
-Fluently Bilingual (English and French)
-High level of professionalism, compassionate and friendly
The Workhoppers team is screening applications and conducting interviews on behalf of this client. We invite all candidates interested in the position to submit a tailored cover letter and resume to email below. We thank all applicants for their time and attention; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.