Toronto, ON Canada
Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Duration ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences 2018-07-24 Workhoppers Home Toronto ONMississauga ON
- Full-Stack Developer
We have an opportunity for a Full-stack Developer (75% front-end / 25% back-end) to join our team in Toronto (no remote—sorry). You’ll be working on premium niche digital brands like Cottage Life, Makeful, A.Side, and Animalogic (to name a few). You will support the coding strategy and execution on WordPress-based site frameworks across a variety of in-house websites. We’d like you to be curious and courageous enough to bring new technologies into the fold. You have a chance to be part of a small team and make a huge impact on our digital culture, processes and results.
We’re looking for someone who is detail-oriented but can also see the bigger picture. You’re interested in supporting your team and you enjoy growing your skills by rising to challenges. You’re flexible and understand that clients aren’t an impediment to doing great work, rather, they are an opportunity to do your best work. You use We more than I. You’re a great communicator who strives to create context and visibility for everyone involved on a project. When you are stressed you can still communicate effectively and manage your stress in positive and productive way.
Skills & Requirements
● 2+ years of digital agency, digital media or product team experience
● Capable of scoping and estimating your work
● Able to work against tight timelines and adjusting requirements
● Thrives in a team environment as part of a larger media team
● Able to write semantically meaningful, object oriented and reusable code
● A knack for writing semantically meaningful, object oriented and reusable code
● WordPress Expertise
○ Understanding of WordPress best practices for JS and SCSS/CSS management
○ Proficiency with building custom themes from design files as well as child-themes to modify pre-built themes.
○ Experience with WP Customizer and REST APIs
○ Familiarity with Gutenberg an asset
● Experience writing responsive SCSS/CSS and using CSS animations/transitions
● Understanding of build/automation tools such as Composer, Packagist, Webpack, Bower, NPM, Grunt, and/or Gulp
● Familiarity with using Git and GitFlow for source control
● Knowledge of accessibility and AODA Compliance
● Familiarity implementing structured data for SEO/SEM
● Familiarity with client-side performance tuning, security and optimization (caching, CDNs, request management, cookies, http, https, etc.)
● Familiarity with integrating third-party APIs
We celebrate diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.