Media Asset Technician
- Rate$17 per hour
Toronto, ON Canada
Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project General support, Specialized Trade help, Designing & Media Data entry, Technical support, Video production, Audio/Sound Production, Filing
- Duration 6 months
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Other 2018-07-25 Workhoppers Home Toronto ONMississauga ON
- Privately held international media company that owns and operates 10 media brands including Cottage Life, Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel Canada and Makeful. Creates and distributes content worldwide ranging from nature to DIY, outdoor living to music, engaging fans across television, digital, magazines and live events. The company also owns Omnia Media, a YouTube network and Choice TV, a broadcast channel in New Zealand. Based in Toronto with offices in Los Angeles, London (UK) and Auckland.
MEDIA ASSET TECHNICIAN, MEDIA SERVICES
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Media Asset Technician to join our Media Services Department in Toronto. Reporting to the System Administrator, this position will be responsible for supporting the deliveries of media assets to our Broadcast and International departments.
● Ensure media content adheres to technical specifications
● Send/retrieve digital assets
● LTO archive/retrieval
● Tape capture, on a per requested basis
● Quality assurance
● Video and audio file analysis
● Other post production related duties as required
Key Qualifications & Experience:
● University Degree or College Diploma preferably in Broadcast media or Film Production
● Minimum 2 years experience in a TV/Film distribution or post production environment
● Must have knowledge of historical and current media formats, aspect ratios and broadcast standards, including video tapes and video files
● Resourceful and quick learner, requiring minimal supervision, managing conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● High level of accuracy and attention to detail
● Experience with quality control standards and broadcast technical specifications
● Team oriented, with the ability to take ownership of specific duties and tasks
Other Desirable Skills:
● Experience within in a physical media library environment is an asset
● Knowledge of Broadcast and Film Production workflows
Diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.