Physical Therapy Assistant
- Location San Francisco, CA United States (On-site)
- Type of project Health Occupational / Physical Therapy
- Duration ongoing
- Education required Vocational training
- Years of experience
- Less than 2 years
- Area of Specialization N/A 2018-08-10 Workhoppers Home San Francisco CA
- Under the supervision of the Physical Therapist, the Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) provides direct physical therapy services to older adults in their homes to maintain and promote their health.
The PTA understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
- Administers physical therapy treatment to older adults in their homes as established by the Physical Therapist’s care plan.
- Assess patient condition and propose treatment goals and objectives to Physical Therapist
- Perform certain aspects of patient evaluation and interventions as defined by the Physical Therapist.
- Instructs patients on physical therapy interventions, modalities and exercise programs, and provides patient education.
- Provides service in accordance with standards of practice and Medicare and other payor requirements.
- Complete and maintain all required documentation including treatment notes, progress notes, and discharge documentation to establish and support the need for medically reasonable and necessary services.
- Utilizes the agency’s electronic health record, Evolv, for documentation.
- Communicates patient progress to authorized family members, caregivers, and other providers.
- Instructs and educates family members and caregivers with assisting with activities and exercises.
- Participates in team meetings and coordinated care with other team members, as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the program director and/or the administrator.
- Complies with Jewish Family and Children’s Services’ standards for performance and policies and procedures.
- Current license as a Physical Therapy Assistant.
- Has at least two years of experience in providing physical therapy, preferably in a Medicare setting.
- Able to work independently as well as on a team.
- Physically capable of performing the required duties and of assisting frail elderly and disabled adults, as necessary.
- Has car, current driver’s license and insurance.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position (up to 30 hours weekly.)
Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level.
Please submit cover letter and resume to with Physical Therapy Assistant in your subject line.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.