Our company is looking for a part-time, remote-based bookkeeping specialist or accountant that can manage the financial and accounting requirements on a weekly basis.
We are looking for someone with experience in accounting software, managing and creating spreadsheets, and managing and creating financial reports.
We are looking for someone with the ability to work remote and part-time (approximately 15-20 hours per week) and has the communication skills and work ethic necessary for a remote-based position.
Our ideal candidate must be committed to meeting deadlines and is self-motivated, well organized and outcome focused.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of Management and Financial Reports
- Analysis & interpretation of company performance and make recommendations for cost reduction and profit improvement
- Establish, implement and maintain accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Cash flow management and reporting, including consistent monitoring of debtors & creditors
- Prepare all financial statements on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Liaise with external Accountants,Tax Advisers, and Auditors
- Manage the production of the annual budget and rolling forecasts
- Coordination point for the annual audit and half yearly audit review
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results to management on a regular basis
- Monitor office and travel expenditures
- Monitor employee/independent contractor expense sheets
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances
- Develop monthly financial statements including cash flow, P&L statements and balance sheets
- Prepare quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting including CA qualifications
- At least 5 years' experience in a senior financial and management accounting role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to build relationships with financiers, customers and suppliers
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Quickbooks
- Experience in payroll services and submitting payroll taxes
- High attention to detail and the ability to work on tight deadlines