We are currently looking for a detail orientated and experienced Merchandising Specialist to work independently at one to two retail locations, up to 32 hours per week, from June until December.
You are an experienced Merchandiser who has strong work Ethics, can work independently and has an eye for details. You are well organized, enjoy fast paced work environment and love building strong business relationships. If you have experience and enjoy working in a food store this is an advantage. You have a smartphone and access to the internet.
• Performing merchandising tasks at one or two retail stores
• Maintain sections including proper rotation, restocking and ensuring distribution of all products
• Addressing any out of stock issues
• Planograms and schematics (“POG”) compliance
• Securing additional/incremental off shelf displays
• Cleaning our sections: Ensure that equipment always meets food safety requirements, including cleaning, modules dewatering and sanitation
• Replacing and/or repairing fixtures as required and placement of POP materials including shelf tags and signage
• Placing product orders and working with supplier to ensure the order is placed.
• Promoting special buying opportunities, displays and new products.
• Perform any necessary POG changes as well as making recommendations with department on adjustments to maximize sales.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with department personnel and store management.
• Submit daily required visit reports
Qualifications and Requirements
- Preferably be within 5 KM of the store (by car or public transport)
- Ability to lift up to 45lbs
- Previous merchandising experience is an asset but not a requirement