We are seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join our growing organization.
In this position, you will be involved in recruiting, payroll, manage employee records and prepare reports as needed.
This is an excellent learning opportunity for candidates interested in pursuing a career in human resources.
- Provide clerical/administrative support to the Director of Human Resources
- Answer contractor/employee questions
- Screens resumes, conducts phone/in person interviews and reference checks
- Assists with developing advertising programs (internal and external to ensure high visibility with candidates)
- Post positions on appropriate Internet Sources
- Conduct reference checks
- Uses traditional and non-traditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs and networking to attract high quality candidates
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates
- Assist with developing job descriptions
- Compile reports and spreadsheets with Excel
- Assist with commission sales payroll using excel
- Maintain current HR files and databases
- Maintaining tracking system of performance appraisals
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required documentation is maintained
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- · Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize
The following skills would be an asset
- 1 to 2 years Human Resource Experience
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices