We are a wholesaler, original brand manufacturer, and online retailer of computer memory modules.
The company works with a variety of manufacturers and operates under many brands and channels online.
The company has received numerous awards for our fast growth and is looking for motivated, dedicated, and talented individuals to help continue the growth of the company.
We are currently growing our accounting department seeking a part-time bookkeeper to join our growing accounting department.
This position has flexible morning hours and the potential to progress to a full-time position.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced bookkeeper to take on an all-encompassing role with a company that gives back to the employees.
With the right candidate, this position could be filled by a full-time Bookkeeper/Accountant.
The bookkeeper(s) will have experience in general accounting, general ledger, GAAP, and AP/AR and know their way around software systems such as QuickBooks and Excel.
- Perform general accounts receivable functions
- Perform general accounts payable functions
- Complete all AR/AP responsibilities assigned by the Controller, CFO, and CEO
- Meet/Exceed all quantitative and qualitative expectations on a consistent basis
- Assist CFO and Controller with improved internal controls according to GAAP
- Process daily mail payments and renewals / complete all deposits in a timely manner
- Process daily mail and make necessary bank runs for deposits
- Daily import of all necessary data into QuickBooks
- Ensure sales tax filings and payments are completed
- Assist with month-end closing
- Perform additional tasks and duties assigned by the Controller, CFO, and CEO
- Assist with general support functions across the business
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Company
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2-3 years’ experience in accounting with an academic background in either finance, accounting or business management
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Ability to create & maintain spreadsheets, with good knowledge of Excel formulas
- Excellent skill in QuickBooks
- Effective oral and written interpersonal communication
- Must be responsible and self-managed
- Must have excellent follow-up and tracking skills
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Must be detail oriented