The Production Scheduler is responsible for issuing and tracking work orders, ensuring that required material are supplied to the production floor, as according to the production schedule.
Other responsibilities include expediting purchasing and prioritizing work orders and coordinating and managing daily production schedule meetings. This position functions as a liaison between company’s Engineering, Manufacturing and Shipping/Receiving departments.
It is a focal point among all departments to effectively communicate and help meet project requirements.
- Daily analysis, planning, and review of work center capacity based on requirements loaded by Sales and Master Scheduler.
- Verify labor reporting accuracy. Pull resources from various levels to orchestrate effective resolution of root cause of any issues found.
- Maintain and review dispatch lists targeting customer promise delivery dates.
- Effective sequencing of jobs, processes and assignments to individual work centers or lines and providing interface between shop floor supervisor and Master Scheduler
- Communicate with sales team on status of sales orders and estimated completion. Ensure information needed for labeling of finished goods is accurate and correct.
- Coordinate and lead daily production meeting. Communicate with various departments on any potential production issues or needs.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in a CNC Machining environment- to understand machine timing
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, using skill and diplomacy and have the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Familiar with Excel
- Must possess strong knowledge, understanding and experience in various problem-solving and participatory management techniques
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, operations management or similar field with 1 - 3 years directly related experience; or an Associate Degree with 4-7 years of progressively responsible, directly related experience; or a combination of education and experience
- CNC Machining: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 2 years (Required)
- Contract Production Planning: 3 years (Required)