- Rate $20 per hour
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada
Burlington, ON Canada
Oakville, ON Canada (From home)
- Type of project Administration Book keeping
- Duration 10 hrs/wk ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization None
- I currently have a bookkeeping business in Oakville, Ontario, and I'm looking for a subcontractor who would like to work with me. For the first year or two, you would not have to deal with clients, or do any tax remittances, payroll, or year-ends, and I would resolve any difficult items. It's basically to find someone who would like more bookkeeping entry work without the stress of finding or dealing with the clients, or dealing with really complicated issues, or doing invoicing and collections. And you will be paid regardless of whether I'm paid or not. Based on those factors, the hourly rate starts at $20/hour.
This is not a full-time position. You would be a contractor and would work from your home.
I currently have about 8 clients to give you to work on, but there are more coming. Right now it's only about 40 hours a month, but I need someone to grow and take more clients on as we go. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has started/is running their own business but doesn't want to network to get new clients but would like a steady influx of work, growing all the time.
MUST HAVE Requirements - please DO NOT apply if you don't meet these requirements
• Live within a 20 minute drive of NE Oakville - as you'll have to pick up paperwork once or twice a week.
• Have at least 3 years experience with doing bookkeeping with QuickBooks and you must have worked with at least 5 different bookkeeping clients
• Know how to deal with multi-currency in Quickbooks
• Have a good home office with a computer and high-speed Internet and a 2nd monitor (or be prepared to purchase one at a discounted rate)
• Familiar with Excel
• Want to have a long-term relationship - I'm not looking for someone who is only interested in working as "something to fill in some time" or "get some extra money" or who doesn't "need" to work
• Confident in your abilities, and confident to speak up if there are issues or questions or problems.
• Fast on the computer
• Thorough and meticulous
• Fluent in verbal and written English
• You've dealt with tracking Paypal accounts in Quickbooks
• You know about payroll and inventory in Quickbooks
• You know how to do HST, WSIB, EHT remittances
• You can be flexible and work occasionally on weekends if required
• You might be someone who would want to take over this business one day
I am really anxious to find someone long-term who wants to build a relationship and increase the work over time. I already have one long-term person who is great, and another recent person who is also great but can't take more work on.
If you're interested, please send a resume asap. In the cover letter, please address all the "Must have" requirements, thank you. I'm looking to fill this position immediately. If your resume is promising, I'll contact you with questions or invite you for an interview. There will be a small test during the interview to show how familiar you are with QuickBooks. I really hope to find someone who wants to grow with us.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.