Architectural Designer/ Expediter/ Project Manager
- Location Los Angeles, CA United States (On-site)
- Type of project Designing & Media 3D Modeling / AutoCad, Architect
- Duration freelance ongoing
- Education required Masters
- Years of experience
- more than 5
- Area of Specialization N/A 2018-10-02 Workhoppers Home Los Angeles CA
- This is a great opportunity for someone with a couple years experience in Interior Architecture who wants to specialize in Hospitality.
You'll learn everything about designing commercial kitchens, handicapped compliance, plan check, fire egress, California Building Code, and much much more information that they don't teach you in Architecture school and that many Architects have no knowledge of.
While this is a mid to entry level position for Full Time, we could also be interested in a hiring someone as a Freelancer who has more experience and would not need much training.
Feel free to pitch an idea in your cover letter.
Seeking: Architectural Designer/ Expediter/ Project Manager for Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, and Retail
- MUST BE Proficient in AutoCAD, able to draft plans from site measurements, to calculating all required code compliance, to putting together a presentable set of plans for plan check. Drafting will be a major component of this job.
- Preparing plans for submittals to various departments: Building, Health, Planning, Industrial Waste, etc…
- Take site photos
- Measure Sites for As-Built Drawings
- Print and organize plans
- Help to contribute to a reference book for Drafters including FE Design’s methods, and pertinent codes
- Provide a high standard for quality of work
- Conducts basic office functions as needed, such as data entry, file management, and customer service, scheduling, prioritizing tasks, inter-office communications
- Help your teammates in any way possible to ensure that we are producing the best product to our clients
- 50% in-office, 50% visiting job sites/ going to plan check
Goals after the first year:
- Willing to grow and develop standard practices along
- Able to Layout, assemble, submit and gain approval of a full set of Health and Building Department Plans for Plan Check
- Have a car/ Reliable Transportation to get to job sites
- Associates Degree, Certificate program or Bachelors (Architecture or related field)
- Minimum 3 Professional References
- Vast experience in measuring sites quickly and efficiently
- 3-5 years’ experience producing construction documents for commercial uses for submittal to LADBS and/or Health Department
- Depth of experience with Tenant Improvements and Change of Use for existing buildings
This is a Full Time Position , office hours are 8:30 to 5:00 PM requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week with paid overtime. You will be expected to work overtime hours to complete tasks/deadlines when needed.
Physical requirements of the position: Ability to drive to and from various offices at various distances for delivery of paperwork; ability to walk around at job-sites, take measurements, climb ladders, walk on building roofs; finger and wrist dexterity for repetitive motions related to computer keyboard and mouse use and preparing plans for plan check (stapling, rolling out, binding).
- Prefer Masters Degree in Architecture OR 5+ years’ experience working as an Architectural Designer plus Bachelors. Experience in Lieu of Education requirements considered. Certificate programs considered.
- Restaurant Design: 1-3 year
- Autocad Drafting: 1-5 years
- Kitchen Design: 1-3 year
Applicants must be local to:
- Los Angeles, CA 90012
SUBMIT COVER LETTER ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.