- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Trade help Technical support, Engineering
- Duration ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Engineering 2018-10-04 Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
- We’re looking for a Licensed Electrician, to provide day-to-day maintenance/troubleshooting and ensure proper operation of all electrical equipment in a complex industrial facility.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical/operational experience with complex electrical systems.
They will have excellent customer service skills in ensuring client requests are responded to, and appropriate corrective measures are taken.
The candidate should have should have good communication skills (verbal & written) for providing direction and interacting with clients.
-Keep all operating electrical equipment in safe and proper working condition;
-Troubleshoot, test and repair electrical issues on equipment;
-Conduct/oversee preventative/demand maintenance tasks on equipment such as building lighting systems, transfer switch, VFD, ballasts, motor control centres, breakers/switchboard components, fixtures, branch circuit wiring, transformers, capacitors, electrical and pneumatic control devices, etc.
-Oversee minor repairs/maintenance of UPS system;
-Oversee inspection of high voltage switchgear;
-Provide feedback on proposed changes to electrical modifications re: impact on existing infrastructure systems if required;
-Revise documentation (drawings, specifications, O&M manuals, etc.) related to electrical systems;
-Monitor work of contractors/external service providers to ensure adherence to standards;
-Participate in review of operating policies/procedures including but not limited to Lock Out/Tag Out and Arc Flash training;
-Assist other employees/contractors/trades as required;
-Maintain a clean work environment and follow proper PPE and Occupational Health & Safety standards and regulations;
-Log work on ESA Contractor Services Program and work in compliance with Acts & Standards;
-Other duties as assigned.
-Ontario Electrical trade certification; 442A preferred;
-Previous experience in facilities maintenance and operations;
-Minimum 3 years experience maintaining and troubleshooting industrial/electrical equipment;
- Demonstrated capabilities re: accountability, judgement, decision-making, problem solving, etc.;
- Proven ability to effectively interact with clients, tenants, management and staff.
- Proven ability to foster/develop/maintain relationships with internal/external contacts;
-Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook;
-Must be available to work overtime; Occasional Shift Coverage;
-Must have a valid driver’s license; Ability to work at Multiple locations
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.