French Teacher / Tutor (Part Time)
- Rate$15.00 per hour
- Location Kitchener, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Writing/Translation, Specialized Trade help Translation: French, Translation: English, Education / teaching
- Duration Part Time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- Less than 2 years
- Area of Specialization Education 2018-10-05 Workhoppers Home Kitchener ON
- Eager to help students turn “Je ne sais pas” into “Oh la la”?
Motivated to help support children’s French education outside of the classroom?
The learning institute has an opening for an upbeat, passionate, committed, enthusiastic, and dynamic French teacher who wants to work in a rewarding teaching environment. Our French Programs offer individual support to students looking to improve their academic skills and study habits.
Candidates must possess a strong passion for seeing students succeed and must be comfortable teaching students ranging in age from Kindergarten to Grade 12 in French.
Candidates must possess a strong background in spoken and written French and English and be comfortable teaching up to a Grade 9 level, but up to Grade 12 is preferred. The candidate is required to instruct class sessions in French.
Our candidate must have:
- General Qualifications:
- A rockstar personality, tenacious drive, strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in an environment that yields fast-paced results
- The ability to multitask, be flexible, and think on your feet
- Vibrant and outgoing, enjoys interaction with young people
- Dynamic, energetic, and outgoing personality
- Dedicated and passionate teacher who thrives on seeing students succeed
- Upbeat and willing to motivate children
- Must be flexible in availability
- Proficiency in English (up to Gr. 10) a welcome bonus! e.g. strength in grammar and essay writing.
- Spelling must be excellent in both French and English
- Specific Qualifications:
- Experience working in an educational environment dealing with large student bodies
- Extensive knowledge of written and verbal French Language
- Experience in either teaching or tutoring environment in French
- Undergraduate or post-secondary qualification (or currently working towards a degree)
- Strong secondary school French skills are an asset
- Experience working in a business environment is an asset
- Strong secondary school mathematics skills are an asset
- Additional language(s) spoken is an asset
- Teaching certification an asset
The applicant MUST be available Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 - 8:00. The position will begin immediately.
If you possess all of the above qualities, meet all the qualifications, and want to join a high energy group of educators whose goal is to see students succeed, then please apply with your cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Part-time
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.