We are a Swedish based real estate firm with 50 000 apartments in Canada, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Sweden and United States.
We offer our concept of Better Living by improving apartments, common areas, gardens and entrances that fit with a contemporary life style. Akelius owns and manages residential properties in Toronto and Montreal.
We are looking for an Architect to join our growing team of professionals in our Toronto office.
- Coordinate and collaborate with corporate design department.
- Consult and advise external architects and engineers on large scale capital projects.
- Design and document interior and exterior common area improvements.
- Review and stamp renovation designs requiring permit.
- Coordinate with our corporate design department in implementing the philosophy and design concepts within the Canadian market.
- Review and comment on new components to be implemented in suites and common areas.
- Co-ordinate with external and internal architects and present design options for common area improvements based on our standards.
- Review and approve design drawings for suite and common area renovations.
- Co-ordinate and manage architectural technologists and associated designs for permit submission.
- Co-ordinate tasks with internal architects
- Produce and submit permit, bid and construction drawings as required.
- Investigate and document existing conditions.
- Site visits with internal construction management to review quality and in-field conflicts.
- Develop templates, processes and create a product/material database to improve efficiencies of the team.
Education and Experience
· Experience managing a team of architects and technologists in a high project volume environment.
· Four or five year degree in Architecture from an accredited university.
· Ten or more years of similar professional experience as an architect with residential renovation experience. Multi-residential experience is an asset.
· Licensed to practice in Ontario.
· Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suites, Photoshop, Sketch Up, or similar applications.
You will work in a motivated, helpful team and entrepreneurial environment.
You get a competitive salary and benefit package that includes health and dental insurance, life insurance, travel medical insurance, fitness and educational allowances, paid sick and vacation time.
You will have great opportunities for growth and career mobility along with opportunities to participate in leadership development programs.
We are committed to providing accommodations for employees with disabilities.
If you are contacted for this position and require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let the HR team know.