The Institute seeks a part-time Customer Service Representative to provide in-person and over-the-phone support for our existing and prospective students.
This part-time position is 24 to 28 hours per week.
Our customers work (or seek to begin work) in real estate, mortgage, insurance, and legal professions.
We provide high-quality course programs and service. As a member of our customer service team, you’ll play an integral role in the growth and ongoing success of the company.
In this role, you will be required to spend weeks of in-house training to understand the complex rules for obtaining and maintaining different licenses as well as becoming an expert on our products and services.
- Accurately and efficiently respond to customer inquiries regarding regulatory and education requirements for obtaining professional licensure as well as ongoing license renewals by phone, online chat, and in-person.
- Advise and encourage existing and prospective customers to register in the most appropriate course program(s) offered by our school.
- Meet with customers in person, at our office, to answer questions and promote course enrollment by building relationships and looking for sales opportunities.
- Process course enrollments using our enrollment system.
- Learn complex licensing and course requirements and maintain/update these skills on an ongoing basis.
- Assist students with scheduling online and in-person exams upon completing required coursework.
- Initiate communication or respond to clients seeking group and in-office course programs.
- Provide basic technical support for students enrolled in online courses delivered through webinar and learning management systems.
- Participate in occasional outbound calling campaigns to alumni to promote upcoming classes.
- Additional administrative-type responsibilities as assigned. Must be comfortable with both directed administrative tasks and taking the lead on projects as assigned.
For consideration, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum two years of experience in an office setting in which your job was dependent on successful customer interactions.
- Experience providing over-the-phone technical support preferred.
- Business writing skills are required.
- This is not a sales/commission-based position, but experience with soft selling is preferred.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic who can reliably work independently (as needed).
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Accurate typing of at least 40 words per minute. You may be asked to demonstrate this skill during the interview.
- Excellent grammar and business writing skills.
- Ability to calmly, quickly, and effectively solve time-sensitive problems.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Additional Requirements and Considerations:
- You may be subject to a credit check, background check, and pre-employment drug testing.
- Must have a verifiable past employment record.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Very professional appearance.
- Prefer candidate with a flexible schedule with the ability to work morning, afternoon, evening and occasional weekends.
- Ability to work from both our Niles and Chicago Lincoln Park location on certain days is preferred.
- Attire: Business Casual
- Company Culture: Small office, team-oriented environment.
- Headquarters: North suburban Niles location with free parking.
- Hourly rate dependent upon experience.
- Benefits Included: Benefits not available for part-time employees.