- Location Kitchener, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Trade help, Administration Technical support, Customer service
- Duration 4 months
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience
- Less than 2 years
- Area of Specialization N/A 2018-10-11 Workhoppers Home Kitchener ON
- The Shop Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Service Manager and Parts Manager in the vehicle maintenance unit and parts department.
The role will include the ability to perform general workshop duties, grounds and building maintenance, pick up and delivery tasks as assigned.
*This is a 4 month contract position with the potential of a permanent position upon successful completion of the contract term.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the shop floor.
- Complete minor maintenance and repair work.
- Lubricates equipment in accordance with established procedures and charts.
- Check and change oil, oil filters, fuel filters and air filters.
- Fuel and service vehicles.
- Replace hoses, belts, water pumps, batteries and similar equipment and parts.
- Check fan belts, hoses, wiper blades and other safety equipment.
- Check radiators and batteries.
- Check water and antifreeze levels, topping up where appropriate.
- Check air in tires and adjust pressure.
- Clean and maintain shop facilities and equipment.
- Drive vehicles as needed.
- Perform other related work as required and assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid DZ license and G class license.
- Proven mechanical abilities, and strong working knowledge of mechanical application and repair techniques.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Computer literate.
The Shop Assistant can expect to work both indoors and outdoors. They may be required to travel to off-site locations. The Shop Assistant must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs. They may be exposed to high levels of noise, as well as hazards associated with the trade. Safety equipment will be required (e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.).
We are committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and its regulations, and the Ontario Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.