North Seattle CPA firm looking for an experienced tax person who is tech savvy and proficient with Drake tax software.
The work will be conducted remotely with some occasional office time.
The hours will be primarily part-time with additional hours expected during the peak tax season (Feb 15th - Apr 15th).
1) Review personal, business, trust & estate tax returns prepared by tax associates.
2) Assure compliance with federal, state and local tax laws.
3) Provide tax research and planning according to applicable tax laws and regulations.
4) Make journal entries for year-end closing, generate trial balance & financial statements.
5) Assist with training and supervision of junior tax associates.
1) CPA or EA certification
2) 3-5 years' experience in tax accounting.
3) Has accounting degree and well versed in GAAP.
4) Experience with Drake Software preferred, but not required.
5) Must know how to use Quickbooks, and MS office products - Excel, Word and Outlook.
6) Knowledgeable in IRS rules and regulations, as well as, experience with WA B&O tax filings.
7) Ability to work independently and manage work flow.
8) Demonstrates solid written and verbal communication skills.
9) Displays excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
10) We offer competitive compensation on an hourly basis depending on experience and skill.