Position Title : Trade Marketing Account Representative
Reports to : District Manager
Function : Marketing & Sales
Location : Flexible
The primary role of a Trade Marketing Account Representative is to manage the tobacco category for a collection of accounts within a specific geographical area.
You manage the relationship with the accounts under your responsibility and effectively act as a business advisor on product knowledge, market movements and many other areas, thereby acting as a strategic partner with retailers.
Using superior leadership and interpersonal skills, you will create close relationships with our retailers to execute corporate plans, negotiate strategies, and meet business objectives. Your main responsibilities are to:
- Manage your territory in terms of performance and in maintaining effective relationships across a diverse base of retailers for our products;
- Plan and execute the visit to the retailers and build strong business relationships, respond to their questions, issues, and concerns, and monitor contract compliance;
- Achieve national, regional, and district-level objectives through effective implementation of cycle and regional/district activities;
- Fill market demand of Imperial Tobacco Canada’s products by maintaining inventory levels and attaining distribution targets for the brand portfolio; and
- Work on special projects at the provincial and national levels with your team of Trade Marketing Account Representatives.
We pride ourselves on providing one of the most competitive opportunities to those wishing to start and advance their career with a global company.
Our commitment to this goal reflects in our offer to our employees. As a Trade Marketing Account Representative, you will receive the following:
- Investment into your learning and development;
- Continuous feedback and coaching on your performance;
- Competitive base salary + trade performance bonus every 2 months;
- Competitive benefits package including extended health, dental and pension plan;
- Car provided by the company + associated costs;
- Peripheral equipment, including laptop and cellular phone
Essential Requirements :
- A university degree in marketing, business, or a related field (ex: business administration, international business, digital marketing etc.)
- 2 – 5 years’ relevant work experience (ex: previous experience in a marketing focused role)
- Strong extra-curricular participation record (ex: case competitions, academic student groups, sports teams etc.)
- Aspire to an experience which offers daily opportunities to learn and grow.
- Excellent salesmanship, marketing, and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen, and a strategic mindset.
- Energetic, results-driven, and autonomous.
- Previous internship experience in an FMCG.
- Hold a valid driver’s license in any one of Canada’s provinces or territories (a valid international driver’s license is acceptable)
- Possess the legal right to work in Canada.
- Bilingual (French and English) in Quebec, and Fluent in English (for rest of Canada)
It helps if you are mobile and potentially willing to discover Canada while furthering your career. Through our career growth opportunities, we promote movement to new territories and eventual career progression to our head office in Montreal.