We are looking for a senior level Java Developer who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
For this particular role, we require candidates to have at least an Enhanced Reliability level of Government Security Clearance.
The overall duties and responsibilities would include:
- An exclusive focus on REST services development.
- Understand and interpret requirements as set forth in the functional design documents.
- Apply web service design pattern knowledge to satisfy the functional requirements.
- Design, develop and unit test complex web services.
- Provide support to test teams during product and UAT testing.
The experiences we need for this mandate are:
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience developing web services (REST) in Java.
- Experience with various technologies and standards (e.g. Java, J2EE, etc.).
- Java web service design patterns, knowledge of microservices.
- Java persistence framework experience (Spring JDBC).
- Experience with Java application servers (Tomcat).
- JSON payloads and how to marshall/unmarshall them.
- RDBMS, SQL (Oracle) experience.
- Experience with Mybatis to manage database interactions.
- Automated Unit testing experience using TestNG.
- Knowledge of Git for source control.
- SoapUI experience for service testing.
- Linux environment experience.
Candidates who wish to apply for the position are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our recruitment staff will formally follow up with those candidates who would be an ideal fit for the environment and its requirements.