HR Generalist with Nova Pack
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration Human Resource
- Duration ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Liberal arts and humanities 2018-11-20 Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
- Provides full generalist support to the Human Resources department.
Position reports to: Human Resources Manager
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources Management, or equivalent education and experience
• CHRP designation, or in progress an asset
• One to three years successful HR generalist experience
• HR best practices, industry trends
• Strong computer skills including MS Office, HRIS and payroll experience an asset
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, provides hands-on support to the HR function and the business including but not limited to talent acquisition, performance management, health and safety, learning and development, employee relations, payroll & benefits and special projects. The HR Generalist is responsible for performing job duties in a safe manner according to Nova Pack’s operational, safety and quality procedures and in compliance with the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Provide valuable support for talent searches, including sourcing, screening, behavioural-based reference checking, coordinating background checks, and scheduling interviews.
• Manage hourly employees recruitment and contracts
• Support the collection and reporting of various recruitment metrics as needed
Training & Development
• Coordinate training schedules and programs for employees
• Create and maintain a training database
• Maintain and update orientation materials to ensure they remain relevant, dynamic and current.
• Play a key role in the delivery of new hire orientations
• Provide guidance on tactical interpretation of ESA, HR policies and procedures
• Build positive relationships with employees based on trust, openness, mutual respect, and sound judgment
• Coordinates content for various employee communication channels – announcements, alerts, employee handbook.
Talent Management Initiatives
• Supports the quarterly performance review and goal-setting processes and related profit-sharing plan administration.
• Coordinate/lead oversight of various employee recognition programs
Health and Safety
• Provides support across all sites in Health and Safety compliance and training initiatives.
Payroll & Benefits
• Payroll: Compile and submit employee hires, changes, terminations and hours bi-weekly.
• Benefits Administration: Enrolments, terminations and changes
• Proactive, customer-focused
• Sense of urgency
• Strong organizational, prioritization skills and ability to manage multiple demands
• Highly proficient relationship building and communication skills
• Solutions-oriented and desire to bring creative ideas and suggestions forward
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.