FREELANCE LEGO® WORKSHOP FACILITATOR
- Rate $20-40 per hour
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Trade help Education/teaching
- Duration 9-12 months
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Deadline urgent
- Area of Specialization Education
- Seeking talented freelance educators to facilitate various LEGO® based lunch/after school workshops for grade school children from grades 1 through 6 throughout the school year. We are currently hiring qualified men and women for over 45 schools throughout Toronto.
LEGO® Programs are built on these much loved classic building bricks to deliver creative learning experiences for young builders as they tap into their own unique imagination and creativity. The ‘free-build’ LEGO® workshops aim to strengthen knowledge and skills in science and technology, mathematics, language and social studies. All lesson plans are tied into the Ministry of Education’s Curriculum for primary and junior students.
Job title: Freelance LEGO® Workshop Facilitator
Duties and responsibilities:
- Energize, inspire and lead groups of up to 20 children age 5 -- 12 through curriculum-based LEGO® building programs in schools at lunch or after school.
- Interact in a professional manner with the school principal, staff and parents.
- Arrive to schools with enough time to set up and organize before the students/participants arrive and then breakdown and clean up after the workshop.
- Assist students/participants, individually and in groups, with building assignments for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Blend our existing copyrighted lesson plans with your experienced creative teaching style and themed props to engage, inspire and help children ‘free-build’ great structures using LEGO® bricks.
-Our programs are FUN, EXCITING AND EDUCATIONAL!
- Education -- Completion of or presently attending college/ university.
- Possess specialized knowledge about child development.
- Familiar with a variety of classroom management strategies.
- Completion or engaged in B.Ed/E.C.E. is an asset.
- Experience having worked with large groups of children for over 1 year.
- Must be willing to undergo and pass a Vulnerable Sector police check.
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is a major asset.
- This work is well suited for university or college students, recent graduates in
education and retired teachers that are seeking flexible freelance work with
children in a school environment.
- $20/1 hour program to start then increased depending upon performance.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter. Your cover letter in writing or video format should outline your availability and explain why you are the perfect candidate for this position. Interviews will start immediately.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.