We are one of the leading transport ticketing businesses in the world with a substantial operation across North America and Canada. We provide a range of products and solutions for our clients across a mix of hardware of software platforms.
The Key Account Manager represents the company in key strategic activities and acts as an interface between the customer and the internal Scheidt & Bachmann organization. The Key Account Manager develops a strategic partnership and close relationship with the customer’s representatives.
We are looking for an account manager to join the team based in Toronto; the role will be to further develop the relationships with our existing clients in the Toronto and Ottawa areas and grow the business in those regions; this will involve building strong and persuasive relations across the different levels within the customer base; supporting the development of innovative solutions for the clients, and growing the business through identifying opportunities for project work and additional services within the client base.
You are likely to have come from a technology sales/account management background and either sold or delivered complex solutions linking hardware and software together;
You will be able to demonstrate an ability to develop relationships within the client base to grow the business through thinking creatively account solutions for the client;
You will have sold project based solutions (where there is a need for implementation of the solution over a 6 to 12 month period) where there is a need to build technical teams across the business (ideally internationally) to support the client delivery;
You will have a strong commercial bias, understanding the key contractual elements of a relationship and knowing when to raise issues in this area;
You will be used to achieving financial targets and other strategic account goals.
II. Essential Job Functions
DEVELOPS STRATEGY FOR SCHEIDT & BACHMANN REGARDING EACH ACCOUNT
- Setting a long-term goals for Scheidt & Bachmann’s relationship with each assigned account
- Developing and modifying the plan to get there
- Identifying the strategic projects that make up the plan
- Engaging the relevant departments to develop and deliver the solutions
MANAGES THE RELATIONSHIP WITH EACH ACCOUNT
- Building and maintain credible relationships with the customer’s key decision makers
- Facilitating and maintaining relationships on the senior levels between the customer and Senior Management
TAKES RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CUSTOMER
- Providing ease of doing business for the customer
- Pursuing quick resolution of immediate needs
- Understanding and anticipating key activities/opportunities
- Ensuring a unified approach to each account
ENSURES UNIFIED APPROACH TO EACH ACCOUNT
- Communicating strategy for each account to internal stakeholders
- Building a single virtual team based upon trust among the members working toward a common goal
MANAGES ESCALATION OF ISSUES
- Taking measures to avoid (and/or minimize) negative effect on business (and target achievement)
- Initiating escalation to make Senior Management aware of the situation
- Works to meet customer needs
MAINTAINS SAFE AND HEALTHY WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Following organization standards and legal regulations
CONTRIBUTES TO TEAM EFFORT
• Welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
III. Job Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Fare Collection Systems products
- Knowledge of the public transportation industry
- Ability to take responsibility, act proactively, engage resources and secure commitments in order to develop business opportunities
- Ability to empathize with the customer’s business and organizational situation.
- Ability to make a business case for action and be persuasive if necessary
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to network effectively and manage others without authority; team player
- Analytical thinking skills, time management skills and ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency Strategic thinking skills
- Must have proven meticulous attention to detail, strong communication skills, good organizational
- skills and the ability to self-direct and prioritize in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have valid driver’s license in state of residency
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe (35%)
IV. Required Education and Experience
- BS degree from accredited college or university in mechanical engineering desired; equivalent combination of technical education, certifications and experience may be substituted.
- 3-5 Years or more directly involved in installation/maintenance of electrical and mechanical-electrical systems and equipment
- 3-5 Years or more involved in sales activities
For IMMEDIATE attention, please forward an updated Word version of your resume.
Our office located @ 115 Saltsman Drive, Suite C-12 N3H 4R7, Cambridge, Ontario is the housing for our family business was founded in 1872 and is currently under the leadership of Dr.-Ing. Norbert Miller, now in the fifth generation of the family shareholders.
About 3,000 employees from nearly 50 nations worldwide are working on our solutions for a mobile world.
It is no longer sufficient to provide barriers and machines, the real challenge lies in the intelligence and wholesome of our system solutions.
Software development and service management have become the heart of our systems for predictive, intelligent mobility.
The secret of our long-term success is simple: We trust in the skills of our employees and work daily from supplying our customers
with products, developments and services of the highest quality.