- Location Winnipeg, MB Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance Accountant
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- more than 5
- Area of Specialization Business 2019-01-10 Workhoppers Home Winnipeg MB
- Number 1 Pizza Chain, is looking for top quality Accountant to join our Team.
We are a strongly entrepreneurial environment marked by a hunger for continuous improvement and innovation, dedication to “customer-first” excellence, and a deep passion for what we do. We aim to be the best in all aspects of our business, and are looking to bring on team members who embody these same values.
It’s an exciting time in our company, and we want to bring on the best people whose passion, drive, and commitment to excellence will push our company and our team to new and exciting heights.
As a Senior Accountant, you are responsible for overseeing and supporting all operations within our Finance & Accounting department.
The Senior Accountant works closely with bookkeepers for all corporate companies to ensure the timely completion of financial statements.
You are responsible for all financial aspects of the corporate group of companies.
Additional major responsibilities include: reviewing financial statements for all companies, reviewing consolidated financial reports for all franchisees under our brands, reviewing financial contracts with suppliers and vendors, liaising between external auditors and the corporate office, and internally auditing financial statements to ensure revenues and expenses are recorded appropriately.
Responsibilities & Duties of the Role
- Review monthly financial statements for all corporate companies.
- Audit bookkeepers’ work on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly basis. Includes reviewing bank/credit card reconciliations, accounting software review, etc.
- Develop annual/monthly budgets, forecasts, and cash flow analysis.
- Review and improve company policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Be the main Liaison between Corporate office and auditors.
- Review key company ratios (inventory ratios, food cost ratios, etc.)
- Fully able to manage in house and outsourced staffed.
- Brings new ideas to the table (optimize current and innovate new systems)
- Strong ability to multitask between calls, emails, etc.
- Able to take direction from a high level.
- Meets deadlines (Daily and weekly tasks, month-end financial statement close as well as assignments from the CEO or President.)
- Eagerness to take the lead on new and projects.
- Not afraid to "make the call“- Good at problem solving, good judge of character, etc.
- Mature, responsible, professional.
- Has capacity to work autonomously with strict adherence to company policy.
- Has own form of transportation.
- Able to manage and lead in times of fast paced change.
This job is perfect for someone who has:
- Extensive experience in accounting & finance (Minimum Bachelor’s degree in commerce, business administration, with a major in accounting & finance, pursuing or achieved CPA designation preferred).
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles. Ability to understand company structures and transactions flows.
- Strong knowledge of process controls for payables, receivables, payroll.
- Strong inter-personal and written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills, who is able to inspire and motivate team members, and make decisions quickly and effectively while adhering strictly to brand standards and culture.
- A deep passion for accounting and restaurant industries, with a desire to work ‘hands-on’ and build positive morale and team spirit.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously, bringing in larger teams when needed but taking charge of the process.
- Strong technological competencies (including: Office 365 experience, Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks, Microsoft BI).
- A flair and passion for new technologies, and automation and streamlining of routine processes.
- Highest level of attention to detail, individual elements, and how they piece together into the final end product.
And someone who is:
- Motivated and ambitious, with a capacity and excitement for rapid, large-scale growth and development.
- Passionate about excellence, and continuous betterment of self and the company.
- Able to thrive in rapidly changing environments.
- Able to withstand the pressures of rapidly changing operating environments, parameters, and continuously evolving expectations and needs.
- Eager to move upwards in our company and push our company to new levels of growth and innovation.
- Eager to commit to more than a “punch-clock” job, and wants to challenge themselves and fully immerse themselves in the Deliver-Eats culture.
- Huge potential for upward growth in the Company, with extensive opportunities at additional management roles or expansion
- Standard Company Benefits
- Unique Profit-Sharing Structure with matching
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.