We have an exciting career opportunity in the newly created position of Manager, Payroll & Benefits in our Winnipeg location. If you are looking for role in which you will lead a great team and add value to the company by utilizing your knowledge and experience in applying best practices, this could be the ideal position for you.
We’re looking for a professional, forward-thinking payroll and benefits leader to provide oversight and direction for all aspects of the functions within the payroll and benefits department. The successful incumbent will be responsible for standardizing departmental processes, developing and maintaining policies & procedures and ensuring best practices and systems are utilized within the department, and for providing day-to-day leadership to the Payroll & Benefits team.
- Ensure accuracy of US and Canadian payroll databases
- Ensure compliance with tax, benefits, and other regulators as required (Pension and Medical governing bodies, Workers Comp, FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, DOL, ACA etc.)
- Oversee Company-wide benefits including return to work, medical benefits, disability, life insurance, costing and recommendation for changes for benefits including during union contract negotiations, etc.
- Develop and maintain internal controls to ensure accuracy of payroll and benefits processing
- Act as a backup during staff Vacation and other short-term leaves
- Stay current with trends and practices of best-in-class companies and make recommendations accordingly
- Related post-secondary education with a minimum of five (5) experience managing a Payroll and Benefits department
- Experience with both Canadian and US Payroll/Benefits
- Experience leading and developing a team Solid understanding of payroll and timekeeping systems (ADP and Kronos an asset)
- Working knowledge of federal, provincial, state, and local tax laws relating to employment taxes and other withholdings
- Working knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations governing employee benefits and their compliance with Canadian and US regulators
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to perform workflow analysis aimed at creating department efficiencies
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally from time to time
The company offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé by Monday, February 4th, 2019