The Junior Accountant compiles, organizes and ensures the accuracy of information to complete month and year end financial statements.
*Contract term: As soon as possible - November 29, 2019.
- Asset management.
- Notes payable management.
- Month end procedures and reporting including preparing/posting journal entries and account analysis.
- Balance general ledger accounts monthly.
- Financial spreadsheets
- Year end balancing and spreadsheets
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Relevant post-secondary education, such as business, or accounting degree/diploma.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve individual goals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible under changing conditions.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism with a positive attitude under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well-spoken, friendly and articulate.
The Junior Accountant will be seated for eight hours per day, with the exception of periodic filing, scanning and printing. He or she will be required to use office equipment, such as a computer, fax machine and telephone. He or she will work mainly in an indoor, temperature moderated, well-lit environment. Some light lifting may be required from time to time.