Junior Graphic Designer Part-Time (8 hours per week) Freelance Position
- Rate$$16-$18 per hour
Toronto, ON Canada
Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Designing & Media Graphic design
- Duration 8 hours a week ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- Less than 2 years
- Area of Specialization N/A
- Languages required N/A 2019-01-24 Workhoppers Home Toronto ONMississauga ON
- Job Description
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking a part-time graphic designer. Working closely with our team and directly with the managers and social media team, the graphic designer will develop the overall layout and production design for our upcoming events/workshops, in-house promotional material, advertisements, promotional brochures and all other brand related material.
The selected candidate will also act as a consultant for internal team members and as needed to identify best graphic design practice, make recommendations, share knowledge of best graphic treatments, and incorporate all initiatives.
• Conceptualize and execute (hands-on) creative work. Specific design assignments will range from creating in-house marketing material for workshops/events, advertisement, packaging for in-house retail, marketing collateral, website updates and design, specialty in-house design projects and one-off social media graphical content.
• Provide creative and innovative approaches as well as outstanding attention to detail and quality under challenging deadlines.
• Proactively leads the end-to-end creative process and projects concurrently from the in-take and review of collateral requests, to execution prioritization (including the management of expectations for delivery), concept development, design, layout, production, and approvals.
• Work directly with other members of the management team. Communicate and work collaboratively with team members; present designs and participate in critiques.
• Mentor Jr. designers to promote quality design, influence innovation and promote productivity
What You Will Bring to the Team
• Diploma or degree in graphic design (or equivalent)
• 2+ years experience in the design industry
• Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign required)
• A portfolio that demonstrates strong aesthetics, design principles and design thinking
• General knowledge in WordPress and HTML
• General knowledge in video editing (not required but nice to have)
• Up-to-date social media visual requirements (dimensions, file format, best practices)
• Self-starter, highly driven and lifelong learner
• Excels in tight deadlines with multiple projects under high pressure situations
• Ability to clearly articulate design ideas with vendors and team
• Ability to follow a brand guide
• Eye for detail, colour, typography, and layout
• Receptive to creative direction
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Expected Hours: 8 Hours per week. 4 hours in-studio and 4 hours work from home
Must be available on weekdays
Perk as a team member: Unlimited Yoga Member valid at all five studios
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.