Administrative & Operations Assistant
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration Administrative Assistant, Bookkeeping, Simply Accounting
- Duration Part Time ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A 2019-01-31 Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
- Why This Opportunity:
We are a media company run by women that is constantly evolving and ideating - the operations role is varied in that you’ll be learning and involved in the monetization of content across platforms like YouTube, along with supporting our growing eCommerce business which is a huge sector in the entrepreneurial community now. It requires someone who can handle a fast pace, lots of details, platforms like Shopify, and an eye for excellence. For someone who truly excels at supporting others, working within a company that inspires creativity, and who loves a variety of work at a fast pace this role is ideal! It also offers the opportunity to work with a really kick-ass team that is small but mighty, and passionate about this brand.
NO great idea or company is at all possible with support in the areas of operations - MANY small companies disappear due to a lack of infrastructure, admin and operations support, and day to day management. HTCI grew at a fast pace and we are very aware of the fact that without a key player supporting us in the area of operations, we simply cannot grow anymore! In order for the executives of this company to drive biz dev and product development, there needs to be someone in place taking admin and operations focused tasks off their plates. We’re excited at the possibility of how this role can evolve and expand.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Administrative & Operations:
- Maintain and organize electronic files on Google Drive
- Prepare and send invoices as necessary
- Gather electronic signatures for agreements and documents via HelloSign
- Manage LastPass account ensuring passwords are updated every few months
- Create systems and supporting documents as it relates to all operational duties
- Prepare various HR documents such as Job Offers, Sub-Contractor agreements and other
- Supporting management team on day-to-day activities as required
- Pull down electronic statements, invoices and receipts of payment for all accounts and upload into Receipt Bank on a monthly basis
- Ensure all receipts are uploaded in Receipt Bank for Accounting team
- Coding all expenses and merchandise for Accounting Team when needed
- Accounts Receivable - Track all unpaid invoices and follow up at appropriate intervals
- Accounts Receivable – cross referencing invoices to ensure that billing is accurate
- Confirm Monthly Revenue payouts via Google/YouTube Analytics for both Channels on a quarterly basis
- Calculate and prepare payouts to Agents as needed
-You have 1 - 2 years' experience in a coordinator/ administrative/ bookkeeping role
-Tech-savvy/ strong software knowledge: Possess intermediate level PC skills (MS Office) and must have experience with using Shopify, QuickBooks Online, Google Drive. Bonus with experience using LastPass and Receipt Bank
-Worked in an e-commerce/ start-up environment
-You're a self starter who thrives on executing tasks
-You're great with organization, planning and time management
-You understand that success is in the details. You pay close attention to the details and able to handle a high volume of tasks quickly. You anticipate where errors or issues may arise and put actions in place to mitigate.
-You love supporting others. You enjoy helping people and making their lives easier. You like doing things that will support the team's productivity and performance.
-You act like an owner. You treat every task and action you take with complete ownership, as if you were doing the task for yourself always seeing the activity through to its desired conclusion through perseverance and deliberate action
-Must have own laptop
This is a part-time (20 - 30 hours per week) role to start with the opportunity to turn into full-time role and increased responsibilities.
You have the flexibility to work remotely. You'll need to be flexible to meet with management team once a week in downtown Toronto.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.