National provider of wellness and travel vaccinations seeking a part-time Medical Assistant for our San Diego, CA location.
Medical Assistant/Front Office- San Diego, CA
The Medical Assistant position that has been offered is a full time position for up to 32+ hours weekly. The position may require some travel to other clinics in the area. The position is Monday-Friday daytime hours. Clinic hours may vary. Passport Health reserves the right to increase or decrease the hours available as needed to meet business needs.
As a Medical Assistant/Front Office, your employment responsibilities are as follows (subject to change upon clinic needs and experience of employee):
- To ensure smooth and efficient operation of the admin area functions including support to the RN
- Checking in clients for their appointments
- Confirming/scheduling/rescheduling appointments
- Processing transactions
- General product education and sales
- Invoice batch reports
- Managing deliveries, stocking and ordering inventory
- Scanning and uploading documents
- Travel itinerary production
- Printing various medical forms
- Post-vaccine administration client observation
- Housekeeping and maintaining office cleanliness/tidiness
- Other administrative duties as specified by supervisor
- Assisting with booster vaccines
Qualifications/Requirements for this position:
- Certification as a Medical Assistant
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a clinical setting
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to communicate effectively with patients and peers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- Ability to follow directives and complete assigned tasks without detailed supervision