We areseeking a highly motivated individual to join our team. Under the general supervision the Director of Integration, and the Specific Supervision of the Project Manager(s) assigned, the Senior Technology Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting and providing clients with consistent and successful show performance, which in turn ensures client feedback is positive regarding all aspects of a show, including crew performance.
§ Work on location as a Technology Specialist, assisting with media server programming, media server technology, networks or graphic.
- Prepare and/or assist in the development of projects as it pertains to rental and sales agreements.
- Conducts site visits & surveys to establish/refine project requirements.
- Conduct media server and system design but not limited to: internal and external communications, creation of content templates, pixel maps and other such material to guide clients, contractors, and coworkers in content creation and/or system design.
§ Ensures that all R2 orders are accurate for both equipment and cable within the inventory system for jobs that are assigned.
§ Collaborates on future media server & computer equipment packaging and design with the appropriate approval process.
§ Under the general supervision of the Director, VP of Asset Management and/or Integration Groups. Assists with supervising the condition and maintenance of the company’s media server equipment inventory.
§ Ensures onsite equipment is neatly wired, dressed and in safe working condition.
§ Responsible for working with the Project Manager(s) capturing and documenting on the show report all onsite costs, equipment adds and overtime.
§ Responsible for equipment being returned properly packed and accounted for and properly marked and documented to the proper department if damaged or broken and in need of repair or service.
§ Responsible for working with the Project Manager on documenting show site performance of freelance technicians and providing skill ratings to the Company’s labor coordinator.
§ When requested, processes all related post show paperwork and submits it promptly and accurately within 24 hours of completing a show, including an overview of any show difficulties.
§ Communicates non-show related scheduling to departmental supervisor(s).
§ Knowledgeable of all standard operating procedures, safety guidelines and various general aspects of all departments in order to anticipate the needs of the Company.
§ Ensures Company regulations, duties, authority, and accountability of all direct reporting positions are defined and understood.
§ Attends all mandatory meetings as available, such as departmental and staff meetings.
§ Informs supervisors as to work in progress and communicates any missed deadlines or concerns immediately.
§ Exercises considerable judgment and discretion and performs special projects as required.
§ Other duties as needed and directed by the Company.
- Completes other Ad-hoc duties that are assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- 6 plus years’ experience in related field or industry.
- Familiarity with proper handling of technical equipment.
- Ability to evaluate and communicate concisely the steps involved and requirements to accomplish the tasks at hand.
- Strong knowledge of professional media server equipment and related systems.
- Knowledge of 3d modeling software and UV mapping
- Strong knowledge of grandMA control desk in relation to media server programing
- Knowledge Networking equipment and systems
- Experienced in Computer Assisted Drawing (CAD) software
- Experience in live entertainment and/or live events.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to perform in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and demanding industry.