We are looking for an Interior Architect / Designer to join our growing team of professionals in our INSERT OFFICE CITY office.
- Design and document interior and exterior common area improvements for North American properties.
- Contribute in developing North American company standards
- Coordinate with external architects and consultants on large scale capital projects.
- Collaborate with design department (Berlin) in developing design concepts and standardized components to be used for North American properties that respond to the Akelius philosophy and standards.
- Investigate, confirm and or document existing conditions.
- Assess project goals with internal stakeholders
- Design and present concepts for common area improvements based on Akelius standards.
- Coordinate with design department in implementing the Akelius design concepts within the North American market.
- Draft and document designs in form of detailed scope, drawings and specifications for common area projects.
- Work with local architects (both internal and external) and consultants to document design in form of permit sets, bid packages and construction drawings.
- Attend construction progress with internal construction management to review quality and in-field conflicts.
- Coordinate with in house kitchen planners, architects, construction managers, asset managers, procurement managers and property managers.
Education and Experience
· Four or five year College degree in Interior Architecture / Design from an accredited university.
· Eight to twelve years of similar professional experience as an Interior Architecture / Designer with Multifamily or Hospitality experience.
· Renovation experience a plus
· Certifications not required but considered a benefit.
· Proficient with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketch Up, or similar applications.