- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance, IT & Software Finance, Management processes, Project Management, Management Consulting
- Duration ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A 2019-03-14 Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
- We’re looking for someone to assist our accounting department with project and corporate financing, to keep accounting tasks on track and accurately recorded. We need someone who enjoys the rigour of consistent performance and takes pride in staying on top of tasks.
We are seeking a passionate team player, someone whose drive exceeds a defined set of relevant qualifications.
If you are well suited for this Project Accountant position, you will be asked to undertake the following tasks:
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Prepare final invoice package for all billable projects, including applicable backup.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Controller, as to your observations and actions taken.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Provide the Accounts Payables team member with advice on client billing, relative to consultant invoicing and reimbursable expenses.
- Set up new projects, make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, and open and close time classes in company system.
- Review, reconciliation and follow-up on outstanding AR.
- Work closely with Project Managers and client to ensure invoices are submitted correctly and accurately.
- Monitor AR aging reports and assist project managers on resolving AR issues.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Prepare project analyses for the PICs, PMs and others.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Controller.
You have the following skill, knowledge and experience:
- Minimum 3 years of project accounting experience.
- Strong working knowledge of project accounting functions and MS Office.
- Knowledge of Ajera, a plus.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, fixed, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Controller, as necessary.
- Strong service orientation.
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment.
Reply with your resume and a cover letter on why you are right for our team by March 22, 2019. Convince us you’re the kind of person who is highly organized, detail orientated team player.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or drop-ins please.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.