Front-End Web Developer
- Location Victoria,BC Canada (On-site)
- Duration ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A 2019-05-06 Workhoppers Home VictoriaBC
- We are hiring full-time and contracted front-end developers
We are a boutique design and web development company in Victoria, BC.
We take pride in curating fun projects that fuel our creativity.
We work with small teams that inspire gorgeous designs that your mom & dad would be proud to pin on their fridge.
You want to work here because you want to thrive in an open, curious culture with real people who enjoy old-school talking, new-school #slacking, meet face-to-face, share real donuts (not just donut emojis), and help solve problems by rolling up your sleeves.
Don’t just take our words for it.
See projects we’re most proud of from over the years: Our Portfolio
Follow this #LeapXD to see who we really are or by creeping us on Instagram @Leap.XD
Make the Leap.
- You are passionate about design
- You would love working with a team of talented designers to bring their visions to life…
- You live to code and love both CSS and WordPress…
- You love working for and with great clients…
- You love being part of a tight-knit, positive, service-oriented, and supportive team…
- 3-5 years experience and demonstrated mastery of CSS, Sass, and HTML5
- 3-5 years experience developing WordPress themes
- Experience with popular design patterns including Atomic design, BEM, and SMACSS
- Experience with and proven understanding of performance optimization for desktop and mobile
- Experience with and proven understanding of accessibility issues and requirements
- Experience with and proven understanding of SEO issues and best practices
- Experience taking part in the design process with an eye towards optimization and improvements related to current design best practices, performance optimization, accessibility, and SEO
- Proven teamwork skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Strong sense of personal responsibility
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Knowledge and experience with PHP
- Knowledge and experience with React
- Knowledge and experience with Git and version control systems
- Knowledge and experience with LAMP/LEMP stacks
- Experience with front-end libraries and frameworks like Bootstrap
- Experience with Photoshop and Sketch
- Experience with Google Analytics & Tag Manager
- Experience with Shopify development
- Experience with WooCommerce development
- Experience with Patternlab
- Experience with Drupal
- Experience with SSH and terminal based system management
- Experience with Pantheon
- Experience with WHM and cPanel
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Work experience in a sales or service-based industry
- Can reasonably estimate time, requirements, and risks of tasks and projects
- Develop WordPress based projects from initial setup and configuration through to QA and launch within estimated timelines
- Ability to quickly shift between multiple projects and technologies
- Complete maintenance, support, and on-going development tasks for a wide variety of existing sites and clients
- Monitor for and perform regular security updates for WordPress, plugins, and libraries
- Support team members and clients through technical explanations and estimates with timely and clear communication
- Write clean code and test it throughout the development process to ensure the top-tier quality
- Ability to provide clearly written supporting documentation for code and projects
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.