We are seeking an Assistant Editor to help manage its editorial department, overseeing all content.
The ideal candidate should have a comprehensive knowledge of North America Market, with a strong interest in research. This candidate should have experience editing and writing all types of content, from short news pieces to 1200+ word features.
The ideal candidate should also have managerial experience, with the ability to handle tight deadlines and lead a team with grace under demanding circumstances.
- Help guide editorial voice and vision with a team of in-house and freelance writers
- Brainstorm, assign, and edit stories in a wide variety of styles and formats, from simple updates to ambitious reported features.
- Organize and maintain weekly, monthly, and annual editorial calendars and ensure deadlines are being met.
- Use data insights and analytics to better understand our audience, and apply those insights to the work of your entire team to inform future story ideas, selection, and execution.
- Communicate with other departments to develop stories, strategies, coverage, and spearhead new ways to attract loyal readers
- Efficiently turn around clean copy infused with reliable reporting, humor, and fresh storytelling
- Find interesting angles, write killer headlines, and drive big readership to articles people will love.
- Reach out to A level influencers and get them to write an article on Vigyaa.
- Manage Content on the front Page
- Research on trending content on different categories and create pitches for UGC authors to write a piece on Alternate or opposing views of the same
- Create help topics for independent authors.
- 2+ years editorial experience in digital media
- Strong writer and editor.
- Well organised.
- Proven track record in digital publishing phase.
- Strong understanding of how content is consumed and distributed online and via social and search platforms, with a particular emphasis on SEO.
- Good communicator both to members of your own team, to representatives of other departments, and to freelance writers.
- Knowledge of digital media landscape, and where your vertical fits into that competitive field.
- Have a good PR network in North America.
We have office tie up with Regus, come and work with us and pick out of the most comfortable positions for you in Metro Vancouver.