Quotations, Ordering and Customer Service
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, IT & Software, Business consulting & Finance Purchasing/Inventory, Ecommerce, Supply Management, Management processes, Simply Accounting
- Duration ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- more than 5
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A 2019-05-30 Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
- We are seeking a Quotations, Ordering and Customer Service professional to work in our Vancouver office, reporting to the Managing Director, and working closely with the Sales, Design, and Site Services teams.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Report directly to the Managing Director
· Prepare budgets, take-offs, quotations, and bid proposals.
· Assist Project Manager with his/her duties
· Assist with ordering, delivery, and invoicing of Eos projects and/or project components.
· Planning, forecasting, purchasing, transporting, storing and tracking of products through Eos project timelines
· Communicate with vendors and shipping companies to ensure that all critical deliveries arrive at their destinations on time
· Report any pending delivery delays to project management, and work with suppliers, shippers, and the project team to mitigate the impact of delays.
· Interact with suppliers to resolve issues and gather critical information invoices, tracking info, tax docs. etc.
· Responsible for supplier communication to resolve transactional issues
· Participate in supplier selection/bidding processes and validate supplier and contract pricing for selected purchase requests, under management responsibility
· Track project costs including cost of goods, shipping, labour costs and miscellaneous expenses
· Participate in project supply management strategy development and implementation
· Make recommendations and participate in improving procurement processes
· Setup new Eos projects in software systems including Workflow, Slack, Asana, & Box
Skills & Qualifications:
· Skills in project management, cost accounting, and e-business/e-procurement systems.
· Excellent vendor communication skills, strong time management skills and a commitment to meeting corporate deadlines and receiving critical orders on time
· Good business ethics
· Soft skills including communication, effective presentation, and multicultural understanding
· Knowledge of supply chain management in the lighting and/or entertainment industry an asset
· Procurement-related or electronic Accounts Payable experience (Purchasing, expediting, or other order entry experience preferred)
· Experience with customer service, sales & quotations
· General computer application knowledge including file management, effective internet use, word-processing & spreadsheets
· Lighting or electrical industry experience an asset
· Design and/or construction industry experience an asset
· An eye for detail and order
· Excellent math and computer skills
· The ability to listen, persuade, analyze, and negotiate
· Organized work methods with good time & project management skills
· Strong problem solving abilities
· Excellent command of English language, verbal and written
Starting salary negotiable based on qualifications and experience
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.