We are looking for a part-time (3/4 FT) office assistant to support our small Pediatric Occupational Therapy group.
We are looking for an organized, honest, quick-thinking, fast learning, independently driven, multi-tasker. Must be skilled with computers and professional writing and speaking is required.
You will be directly supporting the owner/clinical director as well as the clinical manager. You will handle everything from scheduling clients, greeting children and their caregivers, to keeping the place organized and presentable. Duties also include talking with insurance companies about client's benefits, filing timely paperwork with insurance companies, taking payment for services, tracking therapist availability and schedules, coordinating paperwork with the NYC Department of Education for services we provide and taking care of us all so that we can provide high quality occupational therapy and holistic interventions to our loving families.
You will become part of our team, part of our family. You will fall in love with our client children and be the front face of our office.
If you are interested please apply and set up an interview immediately.
Approximately 75% desk-oriented but must be willing to run simple errands and occasionally help with therapy sessions.
Hours may be flexible, EXCEPT during the after-school rush (2:30-6:30pm).
Frequency: 4-5 days per week (approx. 20-30 hours/week).
Contract position, to start, with pay based on experience and role.
We prefer applications who can stay long-term to help us grow our business and community.
- College degree required!
- 5 years related experience
- Significant direct experience with medical billing and office coordination is preferred.
- Applicants must work well with children and work well as a team.
- Applicants must possess fundamental computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Gmail, Dropbox, Google Drive, Quickbooks, iPad apps, Etc.).
- Must be organized and willing to work in small spaces (it is Manhattan!)
- Excellent English language writing and communication skills.
- Experience with accounting or bookkeeping.
- Be professional, mature and responsible.
- Be willing to be fingerprinted and background check completed.
- Be willing to complete trial computer tasks to prove your abilities and knowledge.
- Experience working with children in a work or volunteer capacity with a related references.
A PLUS: Experience with a non-profit, grant writing. CPR trained. Multiple languages (Spanish and/or Chinese preferred).