Part-time Bookkeeper (8 hours/week)
- Rate$Commensurate with experience per hour
Toronto, ON Canada
Markham, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration Bookkeeping
- Duration 8 hour/week ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required English 2019-06-07 Workhoppers Home Toronto ONMarkham ON
- The Bookkeeper will be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll financial records and reports.
Under the direction of the ED and oversight of the association's accountant, the Bookkeeper maintains or directs the maintenance of all necessary and appropriate records, files and processes to ensure the smooth and compliant financial operation of the organization, focusing on accuracy and transparency in preparation for the accountant activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare General Ledger and supporting accounts within SAGE accounting software system
- Prepare Accounts Payable files and process cheques for signing and distribution
- Reconcile all physical and online Member registration fees/payments, Songvault and other accounts receivable payments and revenues
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial reports
- Reconcile all bank accounts
- Make bank deposits
- Monitor Cash and cash management
- Prepare bi-monthly payroll files and submit to contracted payroll processor Ceridian
- Maintain staff files, including time sheet monitoring, vacation and sick day bank records, other taxable benefits
- Maintain contractor and suppliers files, including T4A preparation and related government submissions
- Monitor remittances to Receiver-General for source deductions
- Arrange payroll processor registration of new hires and Record of Employment for departing staff
- Prepare HST/GST and PST returns
- Prepare Funding Cycle reports for Use of Proceeds and other Grant Reporting reports
- Prepare grant confirmations and monitor reporting requirements
- Prepare Annual T2022 and T4006 and Charitable return
- Prepare T4A submissions, monitor T4 preparation and distribution
- Prepare year end reports and audit documentation
- Receive and open all incoming accounting department mail/emails
- Initiates donor thank you letter acknowledgements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills, including SAGE (or Quickbooks) Online accounting software/Excel
- Complete and expert understanding of both Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Administration
- Certification in bookkeeping, financial management or equivalent experience.
Permanent position of 1 day a week or 2 afternoons.
Hours and salary commensurate with experience.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.