Marketing & Sponsorship Coordinator
- Location Seattle, WA United States (From home)
- Type of project General support, Sales & Marketing, IT & Software Party / Event planning, Marketing Consultant, Communication, Database administration, Data Mining
- Duration Part Time hours
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Communication and journalism
- Languages required N/A 2019-06-10 Workhoppers Home Seattle WA
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented team player who has:
- Interest in building a career in the nonprofit sector;
- Ability to work professionally and cheerfully with and support a wide range of volunteers and staff;
- Willingness to learn and solve problems; and
- Outstanding customer services skills.
Marketing and communications tasks include:
- Loads and maintains the Social apps;
- Creates and manages a social media calendar that supports various events initiatives and publishing posts on Twitter, Facebook, Apps and LinkedIn;
- Tracks social media, website and app metrics on a monthly basis;
- Collaborates with Communications Director to write copy for weekly newsletter and review the test newsletter before send time;
- Coordinates graphic design with vendors;
- Drafts copy for the website, blog posts, press releases, etc.; and
- Maintains email schedule for events and news releases.
Sponsorship tasks include:
- Assists the Executive Director on year-round sponsorship fundraising including managing the database, processing invoices and managing outstanding A/R, and recording payments;
- Prepares and distributes monthly sponsorship reports for Board, committees and accounting;
- Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of sponsors to meet or exceed their expectations within organizational parameters;
- Creates and maintains sponsorship benefits grid for events;
- Distributes post-event surveys to sponsors for special events; and
- Manages all components of sponsor recognition including setting up and distributing sponsor registration codes; collecting logos, copy, ad material, contact info, etc.; creating sponsor signage/PowerPoint slides; and sourcing sponsor fulfillment items.
Committee/general administrative tasks include:
- Picks up mail and deposits outstanding accounts receivable;
- Serves as staff support for designated volunteer committees;
- Creates and manages special event registration materials including but not limited to data entry, online form development, confirmations, receipts/invoices, attendee communications, rosters, reminders, name badges, closing out events and maintaining all appropriate historical and database files for assigned programs;
- Responds to customer service inquiries/requests via telephone, email and in-person at educational and networking events in a timely manner;
- Provides onsite support for special events and leads registration including volunteer management. Ensures supplies are adequate and assists in providing efficient and friendly onsite registration services; and
- Other duties assigned to support overall event preparation, execution and daily operations.
The company has up to 50 events a year throughout the Puget Sound (averaging one per week). The ideal candidate must be able to handle an untraditional work schedule. Events for staff can begin as early as 5:30 a.m. or end as late as 8 p.m. Staff is granted flex time, but early/late hours for prescheduled events are mandatory.
- Two to five years of professional experience or a bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications is required.
- Database experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional suite programs including mail merges and spreadsheets.
- Reliable transportation to/from events all over the Puget Sound along with the ability to work early mornings, nights and weekends as required by current workload.
- Part-time telework available (once probationary period is over). Our office is in Belltown.
- Full-time salaried position with benefits.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. In your cover letter please address, why you are good fit for this position.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.