• Utilizes the reliability learning tool (including actual events, near misses, and general safety concerns) and recognizes and addresses patient safety/risk exposures affecting the quality of care and outcomes. Makes medical staff quality review referrals as appropriate. Utilizes statistical and other methods to aggregate, analyze and prepare data reports for presentation.
• Facilitates the Risk Management Program including identification, analysis, planning and implementation focusing on events which resulted or could have resulted in adverse risk or a compromise to patient or environmental safety. Actively engages in the Patient Safety Program developing effective medical error reduction strategies and tools. Works in collaboration with
hospital departments and committees to implement identified needs for improvement. Serves as risk management representative for committees within the Continuous Quality/Patient Safety and Risk Management programs.
• Participates in THR claims management process by investigating and identifying events that may lead to potentially compensable events, claims, or lawsuits. Provides THR Litigation with information necessary to make claims determination
and assess liability. Assists outside attorneys in defense of lawsuits against the hospital.
• Coordinates and facilitates activities of the Risk Management Committee. Responsible for identification and analysis of possible cases, summary preparation and presentation at committee. Serves as liaison between medical staff leaders and risk management department.
• Responsible for facilitating closure, when possible, to patient/visitor/family/physician complaints of a clinical nature (or other) as appropriate. Skillful in negotiations to achieve desired results by conflict resolution as necessary.
• Provides advice and mentoring to hospital directors and staff in effective patient safety and risk management activities including reliability learning management, plans of action, policy and procedure development, regulatory compliance, risk management reporting, and patient safety standards. Conducts and coordinates risk audits/surveys on a routine basis. Provides risk management/patient safety education to new employees and others as required.
• Review unusual or sentinel events identified by risk identification system. Collect documents and provide summaries on risk management cases which include lawsuits, potential compensable events, claims and investigations. Conducts Root Cause Analysis/Failure Mode Analysis in order to provide opportunities for improvement and meet regulatory requirements.
• Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to improve care processes in order to promote continuity of care.
• Focuses on adherence to clinical pathways, protocols, and policies to ensure high reliability of clinical program.
• Promotes population health through the evaluation of care delivery models as they pertain to community, environmental, cultural and socio-economical dimensions of health.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree Required in Nursing or related healthcare field
• 3 Years clinical experience required AND
• 3 Years risk management, quality management, legal or patient safety Strongly Preferred
• Strong clinical background, participation in root cause analysis process Preferred
• Other appropriate clinical licensure for discipline Upon Hire Required AND
• RN License Preferred
• CPHRM - Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management Upon Hire Preferred
Skills • Ability to analyze, interpret and manage info. Interpersonal skills, communication with various professional and regulatory customers. Must be self-directed, independent and goal oriented. Knowledge about data collection and reporting required.
Address is: 10864 Texas Health Trail, Alliance, TX 76244.
Salary Range: Min. $40.37/hr - Max. $57.11/hr - based on relevant work experience.
Work Schedule: Full Time. 40 hours per week. Monday - Friday 8AM-5PM