We believe in finding great people and building a role around their strengths.
Before we can do that, however, we’re looking for someone who can step into an immediate role at our Launch Southside Winnipeg location and a future role (October 2019) at our 167 Lombard, Winnipeg) location. If you think you can help grow the business of Launch then we’d love to hear from you.
Our Community Leader, General Manager is the person who is responsible for the success of our locations. They drive and implement strategy with activities that engage our members, sponsors, suppliers, and community partners. You will become the leader and heart of our community at Launch. Which means your day-to-day energy and action are key toward making your Launch location a destination for building and growing businesses.
As Community Leader, General Manager you will be central in the planning and execution of all the day-to-day operations of your Launch location. The specific responsibilities for this role will include:
- Work with the managing partner (MP) and the community leader team (CLT) to set the quarterly sales plan that will seek to hit quarterly revenue targets.
- Execute the sales plan which will include inbound/outbound sales meetings with relevant prospects who may become crew members, sponsors or private/special events clients, conducting on site tours, developing membership and sponsorship proposals, delivering presentations, maintaining our sales pipeline via CRM software, all related follow up in person, via email and phone. and other relevant sales activities.
Lead Member On-Boarding:
- Work with the managing partner (MP) and the community leader team (CLT) to continually refine the ideal on boarding experience for new crew members, sponsors, and private event clients.
- Execute the on boarding experience which will likely include an introductory tours and interviews with the member/sponsor to clearly understand their needs and goals, connect the crew members with current key crew members, train the crew members on the values of Launch, participation, access, security, coffee, dishes, and any other relevant on boarding items.
Lead Member Service:
- As part of the CLT assist and provide your feedback towards creating a member service best practice.
- Execute on the best practices with daily in person membership engagement, respond to all members inquiries and questions in a timely fashion, and provide solutions to all crew members problems.
- Maintain member records within the member management or CRM, ensuring the information is accurate and up to date.
- Maintain customer payment and billing accounts, ensuring they are up-to-date and accurate at all times.
- Perform monthly audits to ensure member records and billing information are accurate and up-to-date.
- Administer office waiting list, keeping it up to date Work closely with MP to ensure that all revenue line items are growing, that business is growing and that products are evolving to meet the existing and emerging needs of members.
- Administer bookings of event and meeting room rentals.
- Work with MP to develop and execute operational systems and procedures and continually identify and implement new ways for the coworking space to become more efficient.
- Procure and order all office and kitchen supplies.
- Perform regular (weekly, semi-monthly) inventory of all office and kitchen supplies.
- Process and deliver all mail, ensuring that mail is handled according to the postmaster standards as set forth in the mail handling guidelines.
- Ensure all members are fully onboarded within 24 hours of joining, added to all systems (data, printer and wifi), given a “member tour” of the space and taught about member procedures and community expectations.
- Administer event marketing and promotion channels (ie: Meetup, Google Calendar, Flyers and Posters, Email campaigns)
- As part of the CLT assist and provide your feedback to design a daily checklist of operational duties.
- Execute the daily operation of the space which are likely to include managing suppliers, taking out the garbage, loading and emptying dishwasher (multiple times a day), cleaning dishes, cleaning kitchenette, organizing the space for special events, maintaining the internet connectivity, and ensure quality audio visual is always available.
Lead Events (Launch Led & Third Party Paid):
- Work with the MP and CLT to create a quarterly (short term) and annual (longer term) events schedule that will drive awareness, community, new members and partners for Launch. At the time of writing regular Launch focused events include Launch Talks, Launch School, Thirsty Thursdays. For any event you’re responsible for:
- Lead in the delivery and execution of the event.
- Gathering all the necessary content to effectively market and support the event.
- Attending or staffing the event as necessary.
- Choosing how on site registrations will be recorded.
- Set up and take down as necessary of event related tools, food, beverage, etc.
- At the end of each day you’re performance will be measured by many metrics but overall will rest with how many prospective and active members attended the event.
Lead Partnerships & Sponsorships
- Work with the MP to create quarterly (short term) and annual (longer term) partnership sales plan.
- Execute the tasks within the sales plan as delegated which will include inbound/outbound sales meetings with relevant prospects who may become crew sponsors, conducting on site tours, developing membership and sponsorship proposals, delivering presentations, maintaining our sales pipeline via CRM software, all related follow up in person, via email and phone. and other relevant sales activities
- Work with the managing partner to create a quarterly (short term) and annual (longer term) marketing plan. The plan will outline all of the to do’s as it relates to all things marketing (ie. brand voice, key clients and audiences, key messaging, communication channels, ideal client experience, goals and KPI’s etc.).
- Once the plan is created it’s time to execute and work on building and creating all of the items outlined in the marketing plan.
- Live and breath our brand voice.
- Assist and work towards learning the creation of all messaging and content (written and visual) used to communicate our values, activities, events, offers, and other relevant messages to our key clients (members and partners).
- The channels used to communicate will vary but safe to say you’ll be communicating daily in-person and online via chat, txt, email, social, website, blog posts, etc
- You’ll also be assisting in the creation, maintenance, and evolution of all marketing related touchpoints which span many physical and digital items.
- At the end of each day you’re performance will be measured by many metrics but overall will rest with (a) how well you’ve built our brand in terms of consistency, continuity, and creativity and (b) how many relevant people we’ve introduced Launch to over the defined period of time.
The values and experience we’re looking for:
- You’re punctual, professional, thorough, and entrepreneurial
- You’re quick learning self-starter that thrives working in a fast paced start-up environment
- You’re adaptable, innovative, you own your mistakes and you move on.
- You’ve have proven experience planning and executing flawless events ranging in size from 10 to 100 people.
- You’ve told a client “no”.
- You’re reliable.
- You have reliable transportation.
- You have a laptop (ideally Mac).
- You have the flexility to be at events early in the morning, over the lunch hour, in the evenings, and maybe the occasional weekend.
- You’re okay with at the end of each day you’re performance will be measured by many metrics but overall will rest with (a) how well you’ve built our brand in terms of consistency, continuity, and creativity and (b) how many relevant people we’ve introduced Launch to over the defined period of time and (c) how many event attendees become members, book events, and/or become crew sponsors.
Salary, benefits & Perks
We are looking for two full time (40 hrs a week) Community Leader, General Manager for our Southside & Exchange locations. The daily expectation is 8 hrs per day Monday to Friday where your working hrs are flexible to suite your ideal schedule and the requirements of the business. Remuneration will be commensurate with qualification and experience. At this moment in time there are no health benefits but we have a super fun working environment which will be great for your overall health. You’ll have as much coffee as you can drink, and have access to beer and wine in moderation.
That covers it for now. We look forward to hearing from you and we will only be in contact with candidates that we would like to take next steps with. The next steps will be an interview with our leadership team where one successful candidate will advance to a 2-week paid trial in the role.