Technical Writer (6 week Contract)
Ottawa, ON Canada
Gatineau, QC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Writing/Translation Proofreading, Editing, Technical Writer
- Duration 1.5 months
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience
- Less than 2 years
- Area of Specialization N/A
- Languages required N/A 2019-07-23 Workhoppers Home Ottawa ONGatineau QC
- We are Canada’s leading firm for transforming complex subject matter into powerful communications that are clear, simple, and relevant to target audiences.We specialize in creating scientific, technical, and risk communication products that engage, inform, and motivate action.
Immediate need for a Technical Writer (start date in mid-August). This is initially for a 6-week contract with the possibility of extension. In this role you will:
- Support the processing of scientific publications
- Manage the progress of documents through the publishing process
- Follow up with document authors and approval authorities as required
- Work collaboratively with the other team members
- Other related duties as required
For at least 12 months within the last 36 months, direct experience with the following:
- coordinating, editing and reviewing scientific publications, ensuring conformance to governmental publishing guidelines
- maintaining an established process to review, format, complete, catalogue and distribute scientific and technical reports
- converting Word documents to PDF A using Adobe Acrobat Pro or Standard
- collecting data and maintaining spreadsheets to track their document handling volume
- safeguarding documents from unauthorized access according to the Government of Canada's SOA Standard
- the destruction of government or other official documents
- working with a large volume of documents
Other important information:
- Candidates must hold a valid security clearance at the SECRET level with the Canadian Industrial Security Division of Public Services and
Procurement Canada (PWGSC).
- Bilingualism is a definite asset.
Work location: On site in Ottawa, ON.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter by no later than Friday, August 2, 2019.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.