Veterinary Clinics is looking for experienced, full and part-time Veterinary Technicians to join our team! Our organization includes three small animal clinics with locations in Bridgeville, McDonald, and Castle Shannon.
What can you expect working within our organization?
Maintaining a positive workplace culture is very important to us. You’ll enjoy working in an environment that’s not only positive, but supportive and team-oriented. We collaborate as a team, and everyone’s voice matters. You’ll go home each day knowing your role played an integral part in providing excellent medical care and service to our patients and clients!
What about the clinics and workflow?
Our paperless workflow and web-based operating systems provide us with convenient and streamlined workflow operations. Our technology helps optimize customer service by offering multiple communication platforms, including our mobile app, online pharmacy, website communication options, as well as digital communications directly from our web-based practice management platform. Internally, you’ll love convenient and instant connectivity with coworkers working in our other locations!
Each clinic is supplied with brand new digital radiology, as well as dental radiology in our Bridgeville location, among other various state-of-the-art equipment. Additionally, most of our diagnostics are processed via outside laboratory, so you’ll enjoy not having to handle in-house fecal tests!
What skills do I need to be considered for this position?
Skills required for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both verbal and written form
- Precise and thorough patient triage for routine and sick appointment visits
- Demonstrate knowledge of recommended flea/tick/heartworm preventatives
- Demonstrate knowledge and guidelines of commonly used pharmaceuticals and other pharmacy products
- Administer vaccinations
- Prep ear, blood, and urine specimens for diagnostic purposes
- Properly administer and apply medications including intramuscular, intravenous, and subcutaneous
- Proficient in intravenous catheterization
- Perform diagnostic imaging with minimal assistance from the veterinarian
- Administering anesthesia, including induction, intubation, maintenance and recovery, and intravenous sedation
- Perform cardiac monitoring
- Perform dental prophylaxis
- Dental radiology experience is preferred
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrate leadership by being a consistent self-starter and go-getter!
What kind of education/experience do I need to be considered for this position?
Education and experience required for this position includes:
- Successful completion from an accredited Veterinary Technology program
- License or Certification is preferred
- Minimum 2 years surgery experience
Ready to join our team? Submit your resume today! We can’t wait to meet you!