Program Facilitator - part-time on Sunday mornings
- Rate$$15.00 per hour
Toronto, ON Canada
Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Trade help Education / teaching , Tutor
- Duration 3 hrs/week plus 2 hrs/month hours
- Education required High school graduate
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Education
- Languages required English 2019-07-24 Workhoppers Home Toronto ONMississauga ON
- Opportunity to work part-time on Sundays, assisting in program for a mixed-age group of children.
HOURS OF WORK
Part time on Sundays. Open to Job Share between two people.
Weekly shifts will normally be 3 hours long on Sunday morning typically starting at 10 or 10:30am. 1-2 hours per month may also be required for committee and program planning meetings. If the job is shared, shifts would normally be split evenly between the two people.
Contract position September 8, 2019 - June 21, 2020 with the possibility of renewal.
Toronto Ontario -close to Avenue Road & Bloor, steps from St George subway station
To provide programming for children alongside volunteers from the Meeting community on Sunday mornings during and immediately following Meeting for Worship in a manner consistent with (Quakers) values and practices.
Please send a cover letter and resume by email. Please indicate if you are interested in a Job Share.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide programing for children, along with an adult volunteer, to a mixed-age group of children on a drop-in basis; ages and numbers of children may vary from week to week.
• Create a friendly and safe environment for the children in collaboration with an adult volunteer from the Meeting community.
• Understand the needs of and establish a rapport with children in attendance at Meeting for Worship, with special attention to children attending for the first time, children under 5 and children with unique needs.
• Engage the children in playful, age-appropriate activities.
• Prepare, serve, and clean up a simple, healthy lunch for the children and adult volunteers according to the Canada Food Guide (2019).
• Collect and wash dirty dishes from the children’s lunch and post Meeting for Worship coffee/tea.
• Attend and participate in Young Friends Program Committee Meetings monthly.
• Liaise/collaborate with the Young Friends Program Committee and Job Share Partner (if applicable) on a monthly basis regarding plans for future events and activities with the children.
• Communicate with parents and caregivers about the experiences of the children as required. Any problematic situations should involve consultations with the Clerk of Young Friends Program Committee and/or volunteers.
• Understand and follow the Toronto Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends' Policies and Procedures regarding the Abuse of Children and Vulnerable Adults.
• Complete a written log of activities weekly.
• Other duties as required.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.