Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper
Montreal, QC Canada
Laval/North Shore, QC Canada
Longueuil / South Shore, QC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration Administrative Assistant, Bookkeeping
- Duration hours
- Education required Vocational training
- Years of experience
- Area of Specialization N/A
- Languages required N/A 2019-08-05 Workhoppers Home Montreal QCLaval/North Shore QCLongueuil / South Shore QC
- We are looking for the ultimate multitasker who can help manage the day-to-day activities of the office and also assist our CFO in maintaining our financial records. In a dynamic start-up environment, we expect an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats.
You need a vast array of skills and experience to schedule meetings, plan events, support executives, and oversee administrative functions and personnel. You will cover the responsibilities of a bookkeeper as well and work closely with our CFO to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of the company.
The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable, and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines and making us a better and more efficient company.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced role with lots of variety, becoming an office coordinator in a dynamic start-up environment may be the right choice for you.
Your Key Contributions
• Manage payroll, receivables, and payables:
• Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
• Partner with HR to help for recruitment, onboarding and maintain office policies
• Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
• Organize office operations and procedures, and managing the physical office space
• Aid in organizing executives’ schedules, calendars, and appointments
• Maintain an organized, efficient, safe and secure working environment
• Greet visitors and answer the telephone
• Review and reimbursement of expense reports
• Running payrolls (experience with Desjardins, ADP, etc.)
• Booking travel
• Lead the company’s Social Committee
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Proven experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and payroll reports
• Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
• Proficiency in MS Office and accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, Xero, or Freshbooks)
• Working knowledge and the ability to ramp up quickly on other web-based software applications such as Slack, Zoom, Dropbox, etc. is a big plus
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Communication abilities, oral and written, both in French and English
• Very well organized, detail-oriented, process-oriented
• Previous experience as an office coordinator or administration roles in a startup or smaller office environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is a must
• Autonomous and self-driven
• Tenacious and meticulous
• The ultimate team player and the willingness to wear multiple hats
• Energetic and a positive attitude is a must
This is a full time position.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.