As the worlds number one distributor of heating, plumbing, industrial, and waterworks supplies, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future.
The company offers many challenging and diverse career opportunities in our local branch networks and throughout our Regional and Corporate offices across Canada.
We are driven to achieve results, collaborate with each other to determine the best course of action, hold ourselves accountable at all times and demonstrate resilience when new challenges come our way.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to make a difference and grow your career? If so, then come join our talented and high performing team.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Provides lateral support to the Real Estate & Development, (RED), projects across entire branch network & overarching Corporate RED initiatives.
1) Project Management: 30%
- Lead the implementation and execution of all projects approved within the Real Estate & Development strategic plan.
- Develop the project scope and full-scale project plans, goals and deliverables.
- Define project tasks and assignments with milestones for all internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively manage project groups and maintain on-going communications with construction and contractor management teams to meet deadlines.
- Identify risks and develop contingencies to ensure operational impacts are minimized.
2) Finance Management: 20%
- Prepares project budget estimates as part of the strategic planning process, ensuring adequate capital is reserved to accomplish all project scope.
- Ensure project scopes are complete and all projects are appropriately approved in accordance with company policy prior to commencing work.
- Effectively track and monitor all costs associated with each project and report to Director and Finance as required.
3) Relocation Services: 30%
- Coordinate the day to day details for all aspects of each project. Review with Director prior to implementation.
- Be onsite and make regular Site visits to ensure progress and smooth transition during relocations.
- Provide onsite supervision of Contractors and support to Branch leadership during transition between buildings ensuring minimum business downtime.
- Ensure that vacated Properties are cleared and cleaned prior to handing back to the Landlords.
4) Change Management: 10%
- Provide effective communication to stakeholders and senior leadership on project scope, expected outcome and timelines.
- Ongoing communication with affected locations through the project.
- Assist the Communications department in preparing and delivering a timely communication package on all platforms to employees and customers.
5 )Health & Safety: 5%
- Ensures that all projects are executed and conducted in a safe manner and immediately corrects or reports any behaviours in contradiction of policies.
6) Other: 5 %
- Performs other related duties as required or requested. Works with management to establish both permanent long-term and temporary short term performance metrics.
Scope of Work:
- Contacts (Internal/External): Internal: Field personnel, (Branch & Area Managers, Regional Operations, GMs), IT, Marketing, Merchandising, etc. External: All Facility related Contractors and service providers.
- Financial Responsibility: Direct accountability to manage project costs within budget scope on multiple project simultaneously. Estimated Range ~$5-15M Annually ( i.e., revenue, assets, budgets, number of accounts, expenditures, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment to safe sustainability working practices.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively delegate while maintaining forward motion on key deliverables and inspire teams during periods of moderate to high stress.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent business and technical writing.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a self-starter, work well independently and utilize strong problem-solving skills, anticipate needs and communicate and negotiate with team members and vendors.
- Capable of managing cross functional teams and multiple projects; strong mentoring, training & coaching skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
- Deals openly and honestly with people in all levels of the organization while building credibility and maintaining trust. Exhibits empathy and sensitivity for the needs of others. Is perceived by others as being helpful and supportive.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify specific activities required to accomplish objectives, rank them in order of importance, and coordinate and act to achieve desired results. Prioritize multiple activities and projects.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and participate effectively in a team environment; actively listen, confront issues and provide feedback to others on the team as well as internal and external customers, in a courteous and timely manner.
- Capable of reading drawings and schematics;
Education and Experience
- Education equivalent to College Degree or higher in related work experience, demonstrating strong organizational, detail oriented and process driven skills.
- Ten or more years of relevant business or project management experience required, demonstrating the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Construction or Project Management certification preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent administrative skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Outlook.
- Proven history in the areas of Strategic Planning, Change Management and People Management.
- Demonstrates strong business vocabulary, grammar, and communication skills.