Program Associate (Part Time)
- Location San Francisco, CA United States (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Writing/Translation, Sales & Marketing, Volunteering, Specialized Trade help Customer service, Translation: Spanish, Translation: English, Communication, Volunteering, Education / teaching
- Duration Part Time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- Less than 2 years
- Area of Specialization N/A
- Languages required N/A 2019-08-08 Workhoppers Home San Francisco CA
- Position Description
The Program Associate will support middle and high school after school programming in addition to helping develop and implement key annual projects that are critical to achieving strategic objectives. The Program Associate facilitates activities with students and also provides logistical support to lead staff to ensure a positive environment and effective program delivery for Scholars.
The ideal candidate is a passionate self-starter who loves to collaborate, demonstrates a true “can-do” attitude, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
This is a part time position for the Fall and Spring semesters of the 2019-20 school year (September through May), with the potential for a part-time summer position as well. The Program Associate will work Monday through Thursday, 3:00-7:00pm.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Support staff in creating a positive college going culture that values academic and social-emotional skill building.
- Facilitate workshops and manage a classroom of 15-20 students, including preparation of classroom materials and resources.
- Support lead staff in opening and closing After-School Program activities.
- Assist in managing academic tutors and other volunteers in the After-School Program space.
- Assist with managing After School Program space, including organizing workshop and other program materials, tracking inventory, preparing snacks and managing kitchen space.
- Support lead staff with supervising student drop off and pick up.
- Support the After-School Program with data entry as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Experience and Competencies:
- Must be currently in college or a college graduate.
- Strong passion for issues of educational equity for students from underserved communities.
- Understanding of the challenges faced by minority populations and underrepresented communities. Experience working or volunteering directly with underrepresented communities is strongly desired.
- Some work or volunteer experience with youth preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to take initiative, and capacity to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Spanish or Cantonese skills a plus.
How to Apply:
- Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to Laura Medina, Director of Student Success
- Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your Name – Program Associate”) in the subject line of your email.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, please no phone calls.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.