Senior Application Developer (2 year contract)
- Rate$80 per hour
- Location Edmonton, AB Canada (On-site)
- Type of project IT & Software Software Testing, Software Architecture, Linux, Net Framework, Zend framework
- Duration 13 months
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A 2019-08-09 Workhoppers Home Edmonton AB
- Application Deadline: August 14th, 2019
Estimated Start Date: 26-Aug-2019
Estimated End Date: 31-July-2021
Estimated Workdays: 480
Estimated Hours per Day: 7.25
Branch Name: Economy and Growth (EG)
Section: EG Portfolio Delivery
Project Name: Transportation Permits General Application Maintenance including TRAVIS, OLS, ATSB, and EIE Project
Requisition Name: Application Developer - Senior (Transportation Permits General Application Maintenance including TRAVIS, OLS, ATSB, and EIE Project)
Work Location: Edmonton (downtown), Alberta
Provide administration and operational support for the Transportation and EG IMT applications and environments. If the position is not re-tendered, application maintenance and support for Transportation will experience delays in project delivery, application maintenance and support or non-compliance in security.
Description of Services:
• Provide senior architectural expertise in complex IT environments to provide integrated solutions across multi-tiered Windows and Linux application systems.
• Provide senior technical expertise in these Engineering portfolio application systems: Such as or equivalent to TRAVIS, GMAP, Tile Server and GPAS solutions, and others as assigned.
• Advises clients/development teams and prepares estimates and solution descriptions for application requests, defects, or enhancements. Create Project Plans and Implementation Plans. Attend client meetings to review priority AMS items and releases
• Provide senior technical expertise on technology or framework upgrades to improve application solutions.
• Provide senior technical expertise in the ongoing operation and support of application solutions, tools or frameworks within the Engineering portfolio.
• Contribute to the creation of the Application Lifecycle Planning schedule, identify and coordinate release schedules, identify SR’s and priorities with customer, ensure planned releases remain on schedule and on track.
• Facilitate the gathering of user requirements and the preparation of requirements documentation.
• Execute the applications development lifecycle: develop code modifications; develop and document test cases; perform unit testing; perform system testing; DEV/SYT deployments support the deployment of changes to UAT and Production.
• Create and/or update application documentation for new or changed services.
• Provide change coordinator functions by: creating request for changes, attending Alberta
Transportation Change Advisory Board meetings to represent proposed AMS changes. To determine if/how non-AMS changes will affect the AMS environment.
• Provide Incident and event management activities such as: monitor Duty Mailbox for
customer requests, create ticketing tools in systems such as Rational Team Concert, Service Request Coordinator Systems, and ITSM tickets.
• Complete or provide input into Incident and Root Cause Analysis reports and participate in Incident Review walkthroughs.
• Facilitate and participate in the application weekly testing rotation schedule for code deployments and/or operational maintenance activities, such as monthly server patching or environmental upgrades.
• Monitor application availability by being on-call and prepared for scheduled code implementations; application maintenance, and ensuring testers are assigned and available to verify application availability 7X24X365.
• Prepare and issue AMS RTC Daily Change Report to business and AMS team. Coordinate Weekly Deployment Schedule for AMS Change Implementers and Testers for all current and upcoming change windows (2 change windows per week).
Who should apply?
- This opportunity is open to Canadian Permanent Residents and Canadian Citizens Only.
- Preference is given to candidates who can be available for an in person interview in Edmonton, AB.
- Only apply if you meet or exceed the mandatory requirements listed above. For a higher chance to be successful, you will need to demonstrate/correlate the years of experience claimed by way of work experience/listed projects/project highlights on your resume.
- Contract roles are time bound – only apply if you can actively respond to queries from us and can submit your resume and job matrix 24 hours before the closing deadline.
Job Type: Contract
Location: Edmonton, AB (Required)
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.