We are an information security and privacy compliance product and advisory firm. Our office is located in beautiful Downtown San Diego.
We are looking to onboard a Product Manager, Information Security and Privacy (Intern) to join our talented team. Sedulity is defined by the quality of being constantly diligent and attentive. Our company leadership and staff have built a culture around exceeding customer expectations and delighting with our products and services. This is a paid part-time (~15 hours per week) internship opportunity (3 months) that can be extended. This position can also turn into a full-time opportunity in the future.
We have a laid-back atmosphere and environment conducive to the creative process.
About the role
Are you a natural problem solver that loves a challenge? If so, this may be the job for you. You will be working to assist us in the development of products and solutions to solve our client’s information security and privacy issues. Our team is fun, energetic and young—ready to tackle the next challenge. You should have a can-do attitude and personality as well as the following attributes:
- Passionate about creating new products and services in the information security, cyber risk management, and compliance space
- You should have good business sense
- Reliable: you pride yourself in getting the job done, on time and with the utmost quality
- Innovative: you are never satisfied with the status quo, and love trying new strategies
- Entrepreneurial minded: you love seeing new ideas come to life and you enjoy a fast-paced environment where there is a lot going on. You are also not afraid of failure and embrace it as a learning experience.
- Unrelenting attention to detail.
- Startup mindset: agile, can-do attitude, idea-driven, always improving, and hungry
- Natural tendency to be independent and take ownership with uncompromising work ethic
- Have an eye & defined taste for resonating messages and great marketing creatives
- Prompt and action-oriented communication style to support fast project cycles
- Ability to understand the big picture and effectively align objectives
- Some exposure to B2B marketing, SaaS products and general psychology
Some things you will get to work on
- Analyzing, assessing, recommending and implementing solutions that improve the security posture of organizations
- Performing information security risk assessments with associated documentation
- Performing remediation and developing value add processes for clients
- Researching and staying current with security standards, cyber security trends, and best practices
- Researching and implementing information security frameworks including NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, ISO 27001, HIPAA/HITECH, PCI DSS, GDPR, and CIS, FFIEC.
- Assisting with development of security/privacy products and tools
- Creating and maintaining Security & Privacy policies and procedures
- Assist in the maintenance of IT standards and documentation
Some of our requirements and preferences
- In college (preferred) or a recent graduate
- A technical degree or business degree is a must
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Interview priorities will be given to those who can start immediately